Random irritations of the day......

Parcel express delivery drivers, (FedEx, DPD etc). They seem oblivious or immune to all speed limits and tailgate continuously.
They are also allowed to park wherever they want at any time. Bus stops, double yellow lines, pavements. They have their own rules and regulations.

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
Dwali. It might be their new year, but flipping heck give the fire works a rest. 3 flipping hours of it is too much. I have two cats. One is hiding, and the other has messed himself, twice. A few, fine, but every year what joe public can buy over the counter gets bigger, noisier, and more intrusive.

Wolf

Having to get up to be on a packed train at 645am to get to a meeting in Derby at 11am which lasts 2 hrs only then not to be able to get a train home till 540pm and arrive home at 830pm.... Why does it take so long? Simple answer my company would only pay for specific train times to cover the cost, I don't even want to go but I have to because they want me there but aren't willing to be reasonable on ravel arrangements...

bobmac

Major Champion
Having to get up to be on a packed train at 645am to get to a meeting in Derby at 11am which lasts 2 hrs only then not to be able to get a train home till 540pm and arrive home at 830pm.... Why does it take so long? Simple answer my company would only pay for specific train times to cover the cost, I don't even want to go but I have to because they want me there but aren't willing to be reasonable on ravel arrangements...
On the plus side, if you agree to sit in a meeting for 2 hours, we'll give you a free, paid day out in Derby

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
What's wrong with Skype and video conferencing? The company get 6 hours of you at your desk AND you attend the meeting for 2 hours.... technology, it'll never take off

DRW

Tour Rookie
No they won't though because if I want the rest of the day out I'm paying for it aren't I.. Only rail travel is covered not the day so your point is....
I think bob only meant that surely you are being paid the day to go to derby, along with travel costs. Which some people would rather do than do their normal days work(travelling being easier than working kind of outlook).

That said given the length of the day, unless overtime was being paid, I would definitely prefer to stay at my normal work.

Hope that all reads okay.

And I quite like derby;)(y)

bobmac

Major Champion
No they won't though because if I want the rest of the day out I'm paying for it aren't I.. Only rail travel is covered not the day so your point is....
Are you getting paid for the whole day or just the 2 hours?

If I was in Derby, I'd go to the Intu shopping centre and get all my Christmas shopping done in one go, then, if you're into real ale, Derby is
"the best place to drink real ale in the World"
Then there's always American golf you could pop into
Then more ale
Then sleep all the way home on the train.

It could be worse, there could be a replacement bus service:(

Wolf

Are you getting paid for the whole day or just the 2 hours?

If I was in Derby, I'd go to the Intu shopping centre and get all my Christmas shopping done in one go, then, if you're into real ale, Derby is
"the best place to drink real ale in the World"
Then there's always American golf you could pop into
Then more ale
Then sleep all the way home on the train.

It could be worse, there could be a replacement bus service:(
There in lays my issue I'm paid for the meeting and only 2hrs travel time, complete waste of a day. Also think I spent my allowance on golf gear for a few months in the last 2 days alone.

I haven't drunk in 4 years so a good Ale would be wasted on me, I'll literally be bored stiff all day. I hope to god your right they don't cock the trains up. Oh well actually your right American golf for me.

No irritation meant in my previous reply by the way think its the boredom of travel and the tube..

What's wrong with Skype and video conferencing? The company get 6 hours of you at your desk AND you attend the meeting for 2 hours.... technology, it'll never take off
Absolutely nothing wrong with it totally agree its how should be done, would save a lot of money to.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Try and find a cinema. That could fill some time.

On the actual issue, it is arrogant of your company to absorb so much of your own time outside of the working day when it is unnecessary. I've done trips, often overseas, which are long and a slog and it is part of the job. This is avoidable though. They should have stuck you on the earlier train, simple.

Slab

Money List Winner
There in lays my issue I'm paid for the meeting and only 2hrs travel time, complete waste of a day. Also think I spent my allowance on golf gear for a few months in the last 2 days alone.

I haven't drunk in 4 years so a good Ale would be wasted on me, I'll literally be bored stiff all day. I hope to god your right they don't cock the trains up. Oh well actually your right American golf for me.

No irritation meant in my previous reply by the way think its the boredom of travel and the tube..

Absolutely nothing wrong with it totally agree its how should be done, would save a lot of money to.
Knocked this up for you to keep you busy for something to do after the meeting...

thingstodoinderby.jpg

Enjoy ;)