Random irritations of the day......

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
the woman that 's dog ran straight up to Rupert and went for him (Rupert was on a lead) then moaned at me after he gave it back and her dog ran off whimpering, that my dog should be under control....FYI hers didn't even have a collar or had a lead with her. then told me her dog was friendly and she would report me???

the mind boggles with some people

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Jack Nicklaus has made me sad :cry:
Can't really say its surprising though.
Rich white golfer (regardless of legend status) that's pretty much unaffected by Trump's policies or the issues faced by many Americans, votes for golf loving candidate that invests a huge sum in golf and golf courses.

And I say that as a Jack fan.

Kaz

Can't really say its surprising though.
Rich white golfer (regardless of legend status) that's pretty much unaffected by Trump's policies or the issues faced by many Americans, votes for golf loving candidate that invests a huge sum in golf and golf courses.

And I say that as a Jack fan.
You’re not wrong. Can’t really discuss it in here, sadly. Just sad to see someone I admired in a different light.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Woken up with a full blown proper cold as opposed to that other bug doing the rounds! Head full and woolly, bunged nose and can't warm up (temperature normal at 36.8). Gt a massive and fiddly spreadsheet to stare at and update and really not feeling it today.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Of course you would - you have bias , but doesn’t touch the best ever top ten for me and certainly I can’t see many if any beyond a UTD fan having in top 3

Pele, Beckenbauer, Cruyff, di Stefano, Maradona, Messi, Puskas, Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Zidane - I really can’t see who drops out from that list to put him in
Pele. Never rated him. Oh and Puskas, did you ever actually see him play????

banjofred

And you are irritated why? I'M LOVIN' IT !!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!
Why are you loving it?

Now....you gotta remember....I'm American** The only football/soccer team I follow is Wycombe, and only because that's the first place I lived/worked from 1980-85. If the Bloomfield guy is still on the team he is the only person I can even name. So....I'm not actually a fan. Just for some silly reason I check to see how they are doing. I noticed they even got a point the other day. A year or so ago I got on Google maps just to look at the overheads of the Wycombe area.....jeez, I couldn't find the old stadium. I used to run past it once in a while and I was sure I remembered where it was. I had to get online to find that they had moved out of the town centre.....which I always thought was a great location for people wanting to walk to the games. I used to run for Wycombe Phoenix back then.....couldn't find the track. They moved that out of town as well....although to a better (less windy/noisy) location. Although I guess I should start keeping an eye on the Harrogate team, they seem to be doing pretty well after moving up to Div 2.

**Although not really. Most of my life I've lived out of the US. 19 years UK, 10 years Germany, 5 years Okinawa.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Why are you loving it?

Now....you gotta remember....I'm American** The only football/soccer team I follow is Wycombe, and only because that's the first place I lived/worked from 1980-85. If the Bloomfield guy is still on the team he is the only person I can even name. So....I'm not actually a fan. Just for some silly reason I check to see how they are doing. I noticed they even got a point the other day. A year or so ago I got on Google maps just to look at the overheads of the Wycombe area.....jeez, I couldn't find the old stadium. I used to run past it once in a while and I was sure I remembered where it was. I had to get online to find that they had moved out of the town centre.....which I always thought was a great location for people wanting to walk to the games. I used to run for Wycombe Phoenix back then.....couldn't find the track. They moved that out of town as well....although to a better (less windy/noisy) location. Although I guess I should start keeping an eye on the Harrogate team, they seem to be doing pretty well after moving up to Div 2.

**Although not really. Most of my life I've lived out of the US. 19 years UK, 10 years Germany, 5 years Okinawa.
Old stadium , Loakes Park, is now the Hospital car park..
Adams Park is at the far end of Sands industrial estate on the far west end of town..(y)

banjofred

Old stadium , Loakes Park, is now the Hospital car park..
Adams Park is at the far end of Sands industrial estate on the far west end of town..(y)
I used to know a few people from Aylesbury that ran cross country/track etc....a couple of Rooney brothers, Pat Ferguson (Irish guy...team mgr I think), Andy Magnall. Good group of guys.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Why are you loving it?

Haha. No worries. I'm sort of similar, but the opposite. Lived there 1985-1992. WW were seriously on the up. Martin O'Neil took over and made them awesome, grrrrr, whilst MTFC got worse and worse. But still we beat them on their last non league game. Screamed myself hoarse at that match and then had to walk back to the pub through the town dressed in full MTFC shirt and scarfs running the verbal gauntlet WW fans.
Happy days !!!!

banjofred

Haha. No worries. I'm sort of similar, but the opposite. Lived there 1985-1992. WW were seriously on the up. Martin O'Neil took over and made them awesome, grrrrr, whilst MTFC got worse and worse. But still we beat them on their last non league game. Screamed myself hoarse at that match and then had to walk back to the pub through the town dressed in full MTFC shirt and scarfs running the verbal gauntlet WW fans.
Happy days !!!!
Sorry, I'm such a lousy follower of football that I had to look up MTFC (sincere apologies ;)) to see who they even were.

Just for curiosity....I've never been to a football game....but running by the old stadium in Wycombe I always thought it was a great location.....was the inside as cozy? I'm an old gym rat (basketball/volleyball coach etc) and love a nice atmospheric old gym.

Now...as you may understand....many of the guys I play with are Leeds supporters. And....they are doing great. Boy.....I'm tired of hearing about Leeds doing great, but it beats hearing about Leeds doing badly. A couple of York supporters as well.....be they seem to be ignored....just because.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe manager) is a parent with kids at the school where HID works. Apparently is an absolute gent to everyone he meets (and a few of the women allegedly think he's fit) and he does a lot to help the school in terms of tickets and the odd trip around the ground (pre-Covid of course). I think he's a decent manager and hope he gets the time he deserves at Wycombe to get them winning again. I'm sure in a perverse way he'll be learning a lot with the run of results (I saw the match midweek on TV and they played well in large patches). As a result Wycombe have become HID's team to follow.

PhilTheFragger

Global Moderator
Staff member
Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe manager) is a parent with kids at the school where HID works. Apparently is an absolute gent to everyone he meets (and a few of the women allegedly think he's fit) and he does a lot to help the school in terms of tickets and the odd trip around the ground (pre-Covid of course). I think he's a decent manager and hope he gets the time he deserves at Wycombe to get them winning again. I'm sure in a perverse way he'll be learning a lot with the run of results (I saw the match midweek on TV and they played well in large patches). As a result Wycombe have become HID's team to follow.
She has become a woman of taste 👍👍

woofers

Medal Winner
Struggling to see how the above football discussion / anecdote posts are “random irritations”. Isn‘t there a football thread on here somewhere....