Random irritations of the day......

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
I tried live chat. The person couldn't help, really couldn't help and gave me an email address. I wrote to them and received a quick reply. Here is where it gets fun. You can't reply to that person or address, it's a no reply address. I have to forward each email to the original email address meaning I get a different person in the call centre in whatever part of the world it is based. Wherever they are English is not their first language, the replies are 2 original sentences that may or may not make sense, followed by a cut and paste section that tells me how wonderful their service is and to go to live chat. They largely can't get their head around the problem but on the odd occasion they do their resolution is nearly right but not quite. This needs a further reply to a different person and on it goes. I'm up to 7 separate emails now 🙄😡. The issue really isn't tricky either.
Never ever had that before

Everytime I can't get help via chat they get a supervisor connected and read through chat

If they email you just reply to that email and it goes to them ..

The best customer service I've ever had

And if they phone you their brilliant aswell

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
@Rooter .. thanks for that.
Do you think in the future we will be band for telling appliances to shut up or sarcastically telling them ”well done” ?
I am not looking forward to the future... software never work properly first time, there is always a patch or some other way of saying we forgot this. Then there are items that just think they are clever and give too many options.. 40 degrees, 900 spin 40 minutes will do .. oh and yesterday the server told me it was too busy to open a file, what a POS! since when was that an acceptable response??

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Why do shops display items that you can't buy? Today's irritation is Currys PC World. Went in at lunchtime to buy a new TV. Found one I liked and told the salesman that I'd take it. He looked on his IPad and then on his till and said, "we're waiting for stock from the manufacturer for that model. It should be available on 6th November. If you pay now we can reserve one for you". Why display a TV that I can't actually buy for over 3 weeks?

Slab

Money List Winner
Why do shops display items that you can't buy? Today's irritation is Currys PC World. Went in at lunchtime to buy a new TV. Found one I liked and told the salesman that I'd take it. He looked on his IPad and then on his till and said, "we're waiting for stock from the manufacturer for that model. It should be available on 6th November. If you pay now we can reserve one for you". Why display a TV that I can't actually buy for over 3 weeks?
They've been doing it with sofas, furniture and carpets forever. They will even custom build your new TV for you (if you get fitted for it) :sneaky:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Lloyds pharmacy

Stopped using them Few years back and switched to online

Every now and then if my online people can't get the meds I get a code for any pharmacy to give me my meds

Unfortunately the meds are out of stock there aswell they can get my original meds (same medication different brand) but Lloyds refuse to give to me as that's nots what's on the prescription ... Yet if they got it direct themselves they would happily do it

Only went their as it's the best chemist for a pram

Remember why I stopped using the unhelpful lot now

Will go the other chemist later

Slab

Money List Winner
Lloyds pharmacy

Every now and then if my online people can't get the meds I get a code for any pharmacy to give me my meds

Unfortunately the meds are out of stock there aswell they can get my original meds (same medication different brand) but Lloyds refuse to give to me as that's nots what's on the prescription ... Yet if they got it direct themselves they would happily do it

You’d love it here, there’s quite a broad scope for what’s available without prescription & most places will even split a blister pack if you just need a couple pills

edit; maybe not, we don't have that many pavements for the pram

AI Chatbots...helpful I guess - however often irritating...My bank on-line chat is an AI Chatbot (like Amazon Lex). They are given a human name...(NatWest have called theirs Cora :) ) and learn the responses that answer customer questions; when you ask the same or a similar question you get pushed these plus links to related documents. If you reject what the Chatbot is telling you you'll get through to a human agent, and once the agent answers your question the agent tags the successful response and a precis of the question. All responses so tagged are reviewed by back-end analysts who build useful Q&As into the AI Chabot database.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Next door are moving
House went up this week
Managing himself by purple bricks so arranged his own visits

So we going into tier 2 Saturday

No visits for family etc but they got litterally person in person out all families ..

Come on least do a little gap man, I'm sure an estate agent would have to?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Lock mechanism on my office chair has broken, I can either sit leaning forward or fully reclined lol, no in between :(

Knew the chair was going home but the one I want to replace it is on 8 weeks lead time :(

bobmac

Major Champion
Lock mechanism on my office chair has broken, I can either sit leaning forward or fully reclined lol, no in between :(

Knew the chair was going home but the one I want to replace it is on 8 weeks lead time :(
I've got a spare office chair in my loft here in Lincolnshire you're welcome to.
Mind you, you'll have to collect it yourself but it's free.
Glad to be of help....;)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Lloyds pharmacy

Well well went the other chemist today he did it no problem I asked him what the deal was because of Lloyds stance

He said it costs £10 a time because the other one is more expensive than this ..but they still do it!

Well appreciate the honesty (wouldn't have told me was just giving me the tablets)

I'll just speak to Dr see if he will give me a slip with both meds on so if problems with one I'll get the other .. save them money

So much better when companies are just honest then you can be like yeah that makes sense no problem