Random irritations of the day......

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Thing is a doctor on the TV demonstrated how useless these things are. Try blowing a match out through them. Easy peasy. Now put on a proper mask and try. MASSIVE DIFFERENCE
The govt needs to change its guidelines then.

Saying this I read an interesting article about Holland yesterday. They aren't going down the face covering route, they don't think they help sufficiently.

IainP

Tour Rookie
Had he pulled it up over his nose and mouth I’d have said so, but I didn’t because he only pulled it up over his mouth. Hence my irritation.
Just to add a variation to this- woman in shop yesterday, mask on correctly. Until she decides she needs to speak with an assistant and removes said mask to chat!

Wolf

Taking out the corporate Gym membership through the golf club; with DW Fitness, who look like they are going under.
Big news in fitness industry that but really not surprised at all when you know their business model. Up until January last year I was managing one of their largest gyms and helping train people at national level. Problem is the 2 different arms to their fitness brand are hugely mismanaged and top heavy with over paid management and board members take huge dividends out of the business and putting nothing back into it.

The DW side that's going into administration is firmly mid range price gym which in current industry is always going to be out done by the low price point. The problem is any profit they do make doesn't go back into DW, it gets funnelled of to dividends or used to cover their other brand Fitness First and all its high costs because that business has always run at a huge loss but tried to upscale to compete with likes in David Lloyd but it just doesn't have brand recognition.

With COVID lockdown it was inevitable as a business they would suffer and that it would be the DW part that would go under as all the care is about FF and the board have taken so much out. The big reason I departed there was the fact I couldn't put up with the mismanagement at top level and inability to adapt and accept each brand had equal importance.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Getting emails from work asking me to do stuff. Very simple things, and part of my role but I am annual leave and always been a firm believer if someone is on holiday they should only be contacted in an emergency. I did what was needed as I like to provide a good service and it just makes life easier for the unit but found it frustrating they couldn't find another way

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Getting emails from work asking me to do stuff. Very simple things, and part of my role but I am annual leave and always been a firm believer if someone is on holiday they should only be contacted in an emergency. I did what was needed as I like to provide a good service and it just makes life easier for the unit but found it frustrating they couldn't find another way
If you're on leave why are you looking at work emails?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
So either you need to "have a word" with whoever sent it to your private email, or work out how they got it.
Either way, if you're on leave your'e on leave and work is finished for now.
Came from my matron and she and our lead nurse have had it so I could keep in touch when I was medically suspended a few months back. I could have ignored it, but it was a simple job, and as I say like to provide a good service. They did apologise so I'll keep an eye out for more and will have a word. As a one off it was irritating but not the end of the world

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Came from my matron and she and our lead nurse have had it so I could keep in touch when I was medically suspended a few months back. I could have ignored it, but it was a simple job, and as I say like to provide a good service. They did apologise so I'll keep an eye out for more and will have a word. As a one off it was irritating but not the end of the world
So why make it sound like it was a whole raft of emails and you were severely buggered off?

Wolf

Here's a thought, you're on leave ignore the email or simply reply sorry I'm not in work I'm on holiday.. They can't complain of a bad service as you're not meant to be providing a service as you're not at work. The more you reply the more you're effectively saying is its OK for them to continue to do it......