Random irritations of the day......

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Same at Lidl this week - it needs enforcing or what's the point.
The problem is the police have said they can't afford to allocate staff to shopping centres to enforce this (although you could argue it's perhaps ideal for the PCSO's to do) and so these stores take the easy way out and don't challenge shoppers. Given the new messages and the fear of the R number rising it seems a cop out but you also have to then put the blame back on the selfishness of the shoppers being too lazy to comply. I'd love to see stores get tough and no mask no shopping (although I accept there are some with valid reasons) and try and drive the message home. Won't happen of course

Thread starter #15,927

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Insurance companies & comparison websites; one tells me my cheapest quote is Β£355 through Devitts; the second tells me my cheapest quote is Β£378 through Devitts. Same bike, same rider, same risk so how does the same company give me two quotes Β£23 apart?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Insurance companies & comparison websites; one tells me my cheapest quote is Β£355 through Devitts; the second tells me my cheapest quote is Β£378 through Devitts. Same bike, same rider, same risk so how does the same company give me two quotes Β£23 apart?
Possibly commission as us poor insurance brokers need to earn a crumb

Beezerk

Money List Winner
First friendly today, won 3-1 and my calf injury was fine, played 60 minutes with no problems.
But...the manager is still insisting on playing a formation that just doesn't suit our team, we don't have the players for it and he can't see it πŸ™ˆ

Wolf

3 people waiting for coffee at the BP this morning; two wearing masks, and the idiot in the Fulham shirt that thought pulling it up over his mouth sufficed. Cretin.
Problem with that is I've been into several shops including local tesco, BP and few others that have acknowledged that as being acceptable. But I agree its cretinous behaviour in grand scheme if things.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
First friendly today, won 3-1 and my calf injury was fine, played 60 minutes with no problems.
But...the manager is still insisting on playing a formation that just doesn't suit our team, we don't have the players for it and he can't see it πŸ™ˆ
What level are you playing at? Please don't say pub, coz that's just a way to work up a thirst for the session after the match.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Still won 3-1 tho sounds like it worked well πŸ˜‰

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
I hit my ball into some pine trees today. Whilst searching for it I wasn't looking where I was going and walked into a branch. The pine needles poked my right eye, it's still sore now. Found the ball though 😁.

My favourite golf shirt is a grey and blue trim Adidas one. It's the perfect size, nice and light, I like how it looks. For some strange reason the collar on it has gone weird. It is two pieces of material, not one, and somehow they wont sit flat now. My wife might have put it in the tumble drier πŸ€”. Either way it has ruined the look of it and I can't put it right 😑.

Lazkir

Head Pro
I hit my ball into some pine trees today. Whilst searching for it I wasn't looking where I was going and walked into a branch. The pine needles poked my right eye, it's still sore now. Found the ball though 😁.

My favourite golf shirt is a grey and blue trim Adidas one. It's the perfect size, nice and light, I like how it looks. For some strange reason the collar on it has gone weird. It is two pieces of material, not one, and somehow they wont sit flat now. My wife might have put it in the tumble drier πŸ€”. Either way it has ruined the look of it and I can't put it right 😑.

When confronted about it, I guarantee her reply will be along the lines of 'well I never liked it on you anyway'.

IainP

Tour Rookie
Maybe a little tongue in cheek but this one's been building the last couple of weeks...

The premier league football fraternity & pundits talking about "playing in Europe next season or not" and variations.
On which continent do they think the home grounds are in? πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‰