Random irritations of the day......

williamalex1

Money List Winner
For short term, quick relief it’s definitely calcium carbonate. Don’t buy Rennies, you’re wasting money paying a premium for what is just a small block of chalk. Get the cheapest own brand you can find - I have the Tesco ones in the house but any will do.

If it’s something you get long term, see your GP. Long term erosion to your oesophagus can cause a whole host of issues, which an ultimately end up as cancer if severe enough.
Barretts oesophagus, very serious, a 50 year old mate of mine died from it last month.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
For short term, quick relief it’s definitely calcium carbonate. Don’t buy Rennies, you’re wasting money paying a premium for what is just a small block of chalk. Get the cheapest own brand you can find - I have the Tesco ones in the house but any will do.

If it’s something you get long term, see your GP. Long term erosion to your oesophagus can cause a whole host of issues, which an ultimately end up as cancer if severe enough.
Very useful , Mrs has it a lot at the moment with the pregnancy so she has been popping Rennie's like smarties

Last night was my worst attack of it.
a mixture of nexium tablets, milk and a glass of water with bicarbonate of soda did the trick after about 4 hours.
I’ve suffered with it for awhile mildly till last year when suddenly I became dizzy and nauseous everyday and no idea why. No appetite, lost about a stone.

Been on lansoprazole ever since. Starting on 30mg and dropped down to 15mg.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Swan kickers and canal pushers :eek:
Scum of the highest order, I hope they find them, name them and stick their mugs on the front pages of the tabloids to shame them.
I think that they have found the girl that kicked the swans. She claims that she thought they were fighting and tried to stop them. They are still looking for the friend that pushed the other guy into the canal.

BrianM

Head Pro
Had another attempted break in at house last night, luckily the CCTV footage is excellent of culprit.
Just fitted a heavy duty lock to gate as well now.
So bloody annoying 🤬🤬

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Sadly reading that suicides are up by over 200% during the Covid lockdown.
As one NHS Mental Health Nurse stated: it feels like we are on a beautiful beach calmly waiting on a tsunami of referrals - just remember folks, you’ll never regret being kind.. Stay safe, keep well..xx
Just had some news tonight. Old schoolmate now living in Canada took his own life last week. Wondered why he hadn't been on FB as he was a prolific poster. He'd split with his wife and had a rough six months but had good access to the kids and had got a new job and seemed to be turning it round and never an inkling in anything he posted that he was struggling. SO hard on his daughters who he dotted over and who loved him to bits too and especially for his family here in the UK so far away and unable to do anything

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Just had some news tonight. Old schoolmate now living in Canada took his own life last week. Wondered why he hadn't been on FB as he was a prolific poster. He'd split with his wife and had a rough six months but had good access to the kids and had got a new job and seemed to be turning it round and never an inkling in anything he posted that he was struggling. SO hard on his daughters who he dotted over and who loved him to bits too and especially for his family here in the UK so far away and unable to do anything
Sorry for your loss, I just hope we can, as a Nation, get through this crisis and limit the damage from other illness’s.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Sorry for your loss, I just hope we can, as a Nation, get through this crisis and limit the damage from other illness’s.
Thanks for that. I hadn't seen him for many years but we did talk regularly on FB. I think this is going to be a long term problem, and especially for some sections of society like business owners struggling to keep their livelihood going, but of course it is an issue that remains in the shadows and can affect anyone at anytime. It needs bringing into the light and people need to find a way to ask for help and say when things are dark and getting darker

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
My wife moaning as her hair appointment will get cancelled if Leicester has to wait another two weeks for pubs / hairdressers to open. We live outside the area likely to be caught, but the hairdresser is in it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
Had another attempted break in at house last night, luckily the CCTV footage is excellent of culprit.
Just fitted a heavy duty lock to gate as well now.
So bloody annoying 🤬🤬
more than likely junkies, get a dog. not had an attempt here in a long time. was a spate around here when a well known junkie was let out, went on a spree then got caught, back inside