Random irritations of the day......

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
Last edited by a moderator:

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Sadly reading that suicides are up by over 200% during the Covid lockdown.
As one NHS Mental Health Nurse stated: it feels like we are on a beautiful beach calmly waiting on a tsunami of referrals - just remember folks, you’ll never regret being kind.. Stay safe, keep well..xx

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
The wife of one of my golf partners runs an NHS mental health unit. She has been working crazy hours recently. 7.30 through to 22.00. Long old day.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Tell me about it, Hiatus Hernia been on Omeprazole for 2 years,

Seems to control it for me, most of the time, although if stressed then the Rennies get hammered too
Last night was my worst attack of it.
a mixture of nexium tablets, milk and a glass of water with bicarbonate of soda did the trick after about 4 hours.

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Really? Never knew that. Thanks for the tip that's one of My go to things to try and sooth it so would explain why takes a while
It works short term simply because you’re adding a cool, soothing liquid that dilutes the acid in your stomach but it should only be a very short term and last choice option really.

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Makes so much sense , what's the better options?
For short term, quick relief it’s definitely calcium carbonate. Don’t buy Rennies, you’re wasting money paying a premium for what is just a small block of chalk. Get the cheapest own brand you can find - I have the Tesco ones in the house but any will do.

If it’s something you get long term, see your GP. Long term erosion to your oesophagus can cause a whole host of issues, which an ultimately end up as cancer if severe enough.