Random irritations of the day......

MetalMickie

Tour Winner
So you’re saying rioting and looting is ok, and non whites cant be rascist?
I would say that it depends upon what is your definition of racism.

If you merely include prejudice against another based solely upon their race, then yes all of us are capable of racism.

If, however, you extend it to include oppression as well as prejudice then that's a different matter.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
I just found out that they're doing a sequel to Suicide Squad, and they're calling it The Suicide Squad. How dumb is that? That's just confusing.

therod

Money List Winner
I’m saying that when peaceful protest does nothing and systemic racism goes unchecked that I understand why rioting occurs. Human history tells us that you can only oppress people so much before violence is the only thing they have left to turn to.

And your point about racism is so vacuous that I’ll give you a chance to retract your stupid question.
Agree to a point, except with the looting bit. Its opportunist and devalues the core ideal of any protest. You could argue though it’s a side affect of the type of society we have created. This biggest issue with the looting is that it serves give the ‘right’ a narrative, and allows deflection.

Human history also tells us that violence without political process is ultimately pointless. The most powerful tool is still the ballot box

therod

Money List Winner
Can we get back on track please

Posts about the troubles in the states belong on that thread
ta
‘Have to laugh at all those protesters black /ethnics protesting about being treated stereotipically (made up word) and then they all react stereotipically therefore reinforcing what others think. You gotta laugh really’

^^^this needed to be addressed

Wolf

The neighbours over the back having a bbq and acting like morons shouting Islamic chants and being generally derogatory to Muslims because apparently it's funny to insult people that aren't Christians or white 😡
Shortly will be heading round there...

Last edited:

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
I've come home, wife's mate is still here in garden ..

Ofc I'm happy for my wife to finally get some company but ffs I want to go to bed but I should really be polite

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Tomorrow I have to travel to the hospital to give blood for a blood test. Not got a problem with that as it is part of the routine check up to make sure that my lymphoma is still in remission. I have to go to the same place to give this blood where I usually see the consultant that gives me a prod and then says see you in 6 months. The irritation is that next Monday is my appointment to see the consultant, but that is going to be done over the phone. If I can go there this week why can't I go there next week?

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Having to juggle timings...
Main rd into town is shut.
Other route in is heaving
Tesco opens at 8
It's going to start lashing any minute
Timing it right so I can join the queue under the covered area..
1st world problems eh...?
Maybe 2019 wasn't so bad after all...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Organised interviews and emailed all the candidates on Monday, bearing in mind they have already been online to book their interview slots themselves, and half of the field have now withdrawn. Stuck between interviewing three candidates and trying to rearrange timings so they all flow or going back out to advert given the changes in some peoples circumstances since lockdown has been eased. Feels like this vacancy is jinxed.