Random irritations of the day......

Rooter

Money List Winner
Only 2 out of 4 of my kids going back to school next week.

And one of them not going back, is the one that needs the structure and environment the most!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
The ridiculous amount of "what if" questions about Track and Trace. The system has been in place for infectious diseases for a long time and has been scaled up for Covid-19.

Most of us will be unaffacted but if you get contacted from the NHS about contact with someone who's tested positive then listen to what is required and follow the instructions.

So much drama about it and people fretting about what will happen, how scammers might benefit etc etc.

Let's get it working before we condemn it.

GB72

Money List Winner
And the BBC again (not aiming just at the BBC just happens to be the website open on my computer at work)

Headline is Cummings guilty of lockdown breach, read the story and the police state that the trip to Durham was not a breach and the day trip out was perhaps a minor breach not worthy of a fine.

Again, not making a point on Cummings, guilty or not or anything other than the story being almost at total odds to the headline

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
And the BBC again (not aiming just at the BBC just happens to be the website open on my computer at work)

Headline is Cummings guilty of lockdown breach, read the story and the police state that the trip to Durham was not a breach and the day trip out was perhaps a minor breach not worthy of a fine.

Again, not making a point on Cummings, guilty or not or anything other than the story being almost at total odds to the headline
Confused because the alert didn’t say that and when I looked on the website the headline says “may have broken lockdown rules “

https://www.bbc.co.uk/

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Groups of up to six people will be able to meet outside in England from Monday, or in the case of my neighbourhood - carry on as you have been for the past two months.
Sadly I don't think your neighbourhood has been alone. Been the same around here. Don't know if you saw the briefing but the R number is still close to 1 and there was a slide which from memory said there were still 50(?)000 infections being reported weekly so the infection is still amongst us and spreading. I hope all this faith in track and trace is justified

drdel

Tour Rookie
Me too, because that deaths per million of population graph that some on here were using to show how well we were doing a few weeks ago is pretty grim reading these days...
Just need to note when doing an international comparisons that several EU countries have/includes data that lags behind the UK by several weeks.

I was all ready to post in the Gladdens the Heart thread about driving back from Dorset on the A303 and not seeing a single caravan and not being held up around Stonehenge.

And what is parked on the side of the A303 right next to Stonehenge so two people can stop to take photographs? You guessed it - shame the artic in front of me stopped and swerved round them. Absolute total and utter morons.