Random irritations of the day......

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Our car deciding that today would be a good day to die. Always good for these things to happen when nearly all the car showrooms are closed, meaning that finding a new one will be difficult.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
We thought we'd go for a game of tennis. First courts we tried were all in use with a few groups waiting to play - fair enough, we were too late. Second set up courts we went to (in a public park) were all locked up though. Why?? Tennis is allowed isn't it? Saw some people had climbed over the fence to use one of them but we're not that way inclined.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
They reopen on the 1st June.
I know. But I'm due to go offshore for 6 to 8 weeks from the morning of 1st June, which means that I'll be leaving it in the hands of Mrs Colch, who is meant to be isolating due to being high risk. Have found one possible replacement so fingers crossed we can sort it before I have to go away.

sunshine

I’ve travelled all over Europe watching England and I’m fully aware of the idiot minority that has plagued us over the years, the vast majority of travelling fans are well behaved and go for the Football.

I lived on the continent for nearly 10 years and can assure you the Dutch, Germans, Belgians, Italians, French and recently the Russians all have hooligan elements that follow them around.

It’s not me that is blinded by the media, it’s more likely you from the comfort of your armchair.
As someone who has lived abroad you should know that local people often dread an English team arriving, whether it's the national team or a club playing a European competition. Like you, I've seen it first hand. As you pointed out, our idiot minority is larger than other countries' idiot minority. Maybe other countries are better at keeping their idiots at home, whereas ours are free to roam around embarrassing themselves.

I can't even remember what started this :unsure::LOL:

Wolf

Today is my wife's birthday, but due to lockdown I ordered presents online & a card through Moonpig. All arrived yesterday however upon opening the card this morning my wife absolutely wet herself. I couldn't work out why as I'd gone to a lot of effort to edit the layout with nice pictures, she showed me the card.. The name on the front said to my Amazing wife Joanna, problem is my wife's name is Vicki 😳..

Cue me getting annoyed at moonpig making an error, so I checked my confirmation email and nope it was my error i hadn't changed the name in the online template, meaning its completely my cock up..

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Today is my wife's birthday, but due to lockdown I ordered presents online & a card through Moonpig. All arrived yesterday however upon opening the card this morning my wife absolutely wet herself. I couldn't work out why as I'd gone to a lot of effort to edit the layout with nice pictures, she showed me the card.. The name on the front said to my Amazing wife Joanna, problem is my wife's name is Vicki 😳..

Cue me getting annoyed at moonpig making an error, so I checked my confirmation email and nope it was my error i hadn't changed the name in the online template, meaning its completely my cock up..
for a minute I thought you were going to say Joanna was your ex's name!!!

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro

My wife had a similar issue this morning

Our daughters 3rd bday coming up so got her a card made

They sent it with 4 today in the middle

She wasn't impressed 😂

Wolf

My wife had a similar issue this morning

Our daughters 3rd bday coming up so got her a card made

They sent it with 4 today in the middle

She wasn't impressed 😂
Its not just me that's useless then...

Fortunately my wife thought it was hilarious, but has plastered it all over social media already 😒

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Its not just me that's useless then...

Fortunately my wife thought it was hilarious, but has plastered it all over social media already 😒
I'd have laughed my head off too!

At our wedding ceremony David suddenly started to panic - the sweat was beading on his top lip and I thought he might faint! So instead of saying "lawful wedded wife" he said "awful wedded life" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still makes me laugh now (27 years later)!

Thread starter #14,199

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
I know. But I'm due to go offshore for 6 to 8 weeks from the morning of 1st June, which means that I'll be leaving it in the hands of Mrs Colch, who is meant to be isolating due to being high risk. Have found one possible replacement so fingers crossed we can sort it before I have to go away.
Any car clubs your way as an interim solution? Not ideal in the circumstances but possibly better than a forced decision.

GB72

Money List Winner
Today's ridiculous Doom and Gloom story on the BBC. Apparently the latest disaster is that arrivals into UK airports is down 99% on April last year. Guessing that last year though, there were not national and global travel bans and I am actually more surprised that it is only down 99%.

These stories really are ridiculous.