Random irritations of the day......

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Just found out that our client is ditching us and giving the contract to someone else, so after the end of this week I have no project to work on. They've said there are places within the business for us, by God knows where. I guess it means starting on a new project when I'm working at home and can't actually meet anyone. Will be strange. :confused:

Because a proportion of the general public are either, or all of, - daft, ignorant, of the "won't happen to me", "not my fault", "it's my rights" culture.

And that is what politicians are having to consider when making decisions that the majority can understand and follow.
...and yet we asked the same public to understand and make a decision on what was the most important and complex of economic matters impacting the UK - and the politicians told us that they had to do what the public decided it wanted to do - ah well - funny old world ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
That's awful, I have been literally gagging to go swimming, a mate has been pushing me to come and do some wild river swimming. I have always said no, I don't want to be 'that guy' that gets into trouble and needs rescuing (or worse). I finally got my first swim this morning!! At a proper swimming lake, with pre-booked social distanced limited numbers, but also lifeguards on kayaks.

It was great and well worth waiting for!!

View attachment 30885 View attachment 30886
Not got an issue with that at all and the water looks so inviting. Done properly and with the relative protection in place there is no reason why people shouldn't enjoy the water but after countless messages asking for people not to go to certain resorts, messages there warning of the dangers and that there was no rescue service in close proximity and deciding they know best is just daft. Even worse when they then try and blame the RNLI for not providing a service

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
my daughter changing music on the Alexa in the kitchen and also changing it in the living room as she "talks" so bloody loudly
You can change the name for each 'Alexa'. I used to have the same problem, annoyed me greatly. Now the one in the living room is Alexa, the one in the kitchen is Echo (you are given the options, you can not set your own name) Talking to one does not trigger the other now.

You may know the above but we only found out a few months ago when visiting a relative. I've only had one for about 3 years :rolleyes:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
You can change the name for each 'Alexa'. I used to have the same problem, annoyed me greatly. Now the one in the living room is Alexa, the one in the kitchen is Echo (you are given the options, you can not set your own name) Talking to one does not trigger the other now.

You may know the above but we only found out a few months ago when visiting a relative. I've only had one for about 3 years :rolleyes:
I never knew that - thanks for the info. now I need to think of some inappropriate names for them!

chellie

Tour Winner
Opened patio doors. They are now stuck partly open due to all the muck on the runner I think. Had to cancel golf:mad: Being looked at later by son-in-law who hopefully can get it back into place.