Random irritations of the day......

I am afraid that I am in the "curmudgeon " camp.

This whole "clap for the NHS" exercise has become more an exercise for some to feel better about themselves and for the extroverts to parade their very limited performance skills.

It is patronising. The NHS is staffed by dedicated workers, be they medical or support workers and they are doing a fantastic job.

However, once this is all over how much attention will be paid to them then?

How many of the happy clappers will be prepared to pay more tax to adequately fund the Service?

I know some quite rightly don't like wartime analogies but I do wonder if there will be much difference in the way the NHS and its staff are viewed post Covid to how HM Forces personnel were seen after WW1 & WW2.

patricks148

Ryder Cup Winner

This whole "clap for the NHS" exercise has become more an exercise for some to feel better about themselves and for the extroverts to parade their very limited performance skills.

It is patronising. The NHS is staffed by dedicated workers, be they medical or support workers and they are doing a fantastic job.

How many of the happy clappers will be prepared to pay more tax to adequately fund the Service?

I know some quite rightly don't like wartime analogies but I do wonder if there will be much difference in the way the NHS and its staff are viewed post Covid to how HM Forces personnel were seen after WW1 & WW2.
very well put(y)

pauldj42

Money List Winner

Unfortunately (as some won’t like it) this will be down to the Government and the media in the main.

The tone of how we view and treat these people in the future will be led from the top.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
According to the BBC, the woman credited with coming up with the idea of clapping for the NHS as said it has run its course and should end after next week, the 10th one.

NearHull

it does seem to have a “parallel“ to the Dianna Hysteria that ran across the country on her death.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer

I agree and seemingly the founder of the clap for carers wants and end to it as well. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52773032

I do have to say the Friday after the very first one, as we were getting deep into the influx of patients and sadly deaths as well, the frontline nurses really appreciated it. It did have a massive affect on morale and everyone on the next shift seemed fuller of energy and determined to get through this and were walking taller. The second one had a similar reaction but after that it got hijacked by everybody trying to get on TV or social medial and it manifested into the monster we have now. Seems a good idea to kill it off but can't see to many letting it happen quickly

sunshine

What about the millions upon millions who are behaving?

Other Countries who are ahead of us have halfwits and they’ve avoided a spike, maybe we should focus on the positive.
Yes but we seem to have more halfwits than the other countries. Just look at every World Cup or Euros, it's always the England fans who are the most embarrassing.

The British tabloid media blowing things out of all proportion.

An opposition politician comments rationally about disagreeing with Government policy - "FURIOUS ROW OVER GOVERNMENT ACTION"
A daytime TV host comments during an interview with a minor official - "PHILIP AND HOLLY SLAM MINISTER"
Someone posts a clickbait inflammatory message on social media - "TWITTER EXPLODES IN A FURY"

Getting really sick of it now.

The British tabloid media blowing things out of all proportion.

An opposition politician comments rationally about disagreeing with Government policy - "FURIOUS ROW OVER GOVERNMENT ACTION"
A daytime TV host comments during an interview with a minor official - "PHILIP AND HOLLY SLAM MINISTER"
Someone posts a clickbait inflammatory message on social media - "TWITTER EXPLODES IN A FURY"

Getting really sick of it now.
JAWS IN SAVAGE MEDIA ATTACK ;)

Several irritations today.

Good argument with a colleague at 6.30 this morning.

Arrive home to see next door with what looks like their parents round sat outside who happen to look like they’d conk if they caught anything. Then I got irritated for them, as next door to them was grinding and the dust was blowing in their direction.

And while driving home I’ve come to the conclusion that lock down has ended, roads are rammed, Loads of vulnerable people out. I’m unleashing the shackles. If they dont care then this is a wasted effort. I’ve done well. Only walked the dogs too many times.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Several irritations today.

Good argument with a colleague at 6.30 this morning.

Arrive home to see next door with what looks like their parents round sat outside who happen to look like they’d conk if they caught anything. Then I got irritated for them, as next door to them was grinding and the dust was blowing in their direction.

And while driving home I’ve come to the conclusion that lock down has ended, roads are rammed, Loads of vulnerable people out. I’m unleashing the shackles. If they dont care then this is a wasted effort. I’ve done well. Only walked the dogs too many times.
With the amount of people breaking it, going to the beach etc, might aswell just end it now.... No point tanking the economy to protect people who don't appreciate it