Random irritations of the day......

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Had a crap day at “work” and finally logged off at 7pm, feeling really down and I get asked what’s for tea by someone who’s only exertion today has been to get in and out of the paddling pool

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
The rest of my neighbourhood giving the impression that they have abandoned all social distancing and visiting rules.
Been saying it since VE bank holiday. Next door have had his mum staying, kids are sharing paddling pools and aside from full blown football and cricket games going on in parks, the coasts have been rammed today. It won't take much for the R number to go over 1 and that may bring implications regarding golf, shops, lockdown etc as well as selfishly perhaps impact us for golf. It seems that a large section of the public think Covid has finished.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Wife's phone from Curry's finally been reposted

Only taken 3 weeks

Got email this morning to say it's due tomorrow.

Happier with that result than the ballache of a refund

Won't be shopping from them again. AO and Amazon I'll stick with

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
A Pepsi Max shower....
Quick trip to the shop for supplies, trolleyed a 24 pack to keep us going
Get to the checkout...
Tesco have, li,e many shops, installed perspex screens to protect the cashier.
All well and good until she pushes the tray of PM down the shallow ramp
The corner catches the corner of the bracket that holds the screen in place and the can explodes...all over me.
It was like someone shook a can and opened it my face......
So that's 2 showers by 9.15 today then......and another load of washing......
Hurumph :mad::mad::poop:

GB72

Money List Winner
Again, the reporting of the bleeding obvious for the purpose of a sensationalist headline. Today is that the housing market had the lowest number of transactions for an April ever. What, never. Maybe something to do with shutting estate agents, banning viewings, stopping (in the main) completions, and stopping surveys. Guessing that may have had something to do with it. May as well have a story that pub takings were down as well

Everything at the moment just wants to focus on the bad, on the doom and gloom. Yes, these are difficult times and, whilst I do not want to stop journalists printing stories that are well within the public interest, the mental health of the nation needs some positivity.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Finally get to a shop where I can source some new shorts in keeping with my slimmer waistline... On getting home, see one pair is as per labelling but the other is different to the sewn in labelling... Now got to go back to exchange.😡😕...

Thread starter #13,993

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
A Pepsi Max shower....
Quick trip to the shop for supplies, trolleyed a 24 pack to keep us going
Get to the checkout...
Tesco have, li,e many shops, installed perspex screens to protect the cashier.
All well and good until she pushes the tray of PM down the shallow ramp
The corner catches the corner of the bracket that holds the screen in place and the can explodes...all over me.
It was like someone shook a can and opened it my face......
So that's 2 showers by 9.15 today then......and another load of washing......
Hurumph :mad::mad::poop:
Is there security camera footage? Pretty please. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thread starter #13,994

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Again, the reporting of the bleeding obvious for the purpose of a sensationalist headline. Today is that the housing market had the lowest number of transactions for an April ever. What, never. Maybe something to do with shutting estate agents, banning viewings, stopping (in the main) completions, and stopping surveys. Guessing that may have had something to do with it. May as well have a story that pub takings were down as well

Everything at the moment just wants to focus on the bad, on the doom and gloom. Yes, these are difficult times and, whilst I do not want to stop journalists printing stories that are well within the public interest, the mental health of the nation needs some positivity.
Well there were health concerns on the BBC this morning due to the amount of alcohol now being purchased in supermarkets; well it won't be purchased in pubs, will it? :rolleyes::mad:

Traminator

Finally get to a shop where I can source some new shorts in keeping with my slimmer waistline... On getting home, see one pair is as per labelling but the other is different to the sewn in labelling... Now got to go back to exchange.😡😕...
What size do you need?
I have a brand new pair that don't fit.

GB72

Money List Winner
Well there were health concerns on the BBC this morning due to the amount of alcohol now being purchased in supermarkets; well it won't be purchased in pubs, will it? :rolleyes::mad:
It is ridiculous. You can shove out any number of stories about worst this, worst that because we have never had to shut the country down before. It really is winding me up now, just find something positive, recovery figures, new industries coming out of this, record supermarket sales, just change the tune and show something we can all have a cheer about (and raise a glass of the excessive amount of supermarket booze we have all bought). IN my area local butchers, fruit and veg companies, bakers and even wine retailers are doing great because people do not want to go to supermarkets and are switching to local produce. That is great on so many levels but is that ever covered. There is a whole local economy that is actually booming at the moment and people do not want to go back to low quality supermarket shopping after this. How long have people been trying to get people to buy local and covid has started them doing that. Get that on the news.

Slime

Tour Winner
Just got back from the supermarket and one thing became quite clear, based on this morning's evidence.
Social distancing was obeyed by most shoppers but those that seemed to pay it no attention tended to be those wearing face coverings!
It's as if they think they are totally immune and don't give a crap about anyone else!