Random irritations of the day......

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Well I guess Orikoru (so wtf does that name mean then?) is in the same boat as me.
All football leagues below a certain level have been cancelled, results null and void, no promotion or relegation.
Gutted, league and cup double were nailed on, we only had 9 games left in the season as well :poop:
Yeah here's a link to our league: Harrow Sunday Challenge Football League
Surely Wood is us - only 2 points dropped but we'll never know whether we would've won the division or not. On the upside I imagine the league will offer us promotion, as they are always reshuffling the teams around - it's not like pro leagues where things are more fixed. It'll be a tough decision whether we take it or not - on the one we feel like we deserve promotion, on the other hand we might like a go at winning our division for real.

Since you asked, my name is what I got when I put my real name into a 'what is you Japanese name' generator many, many years ago. I've still got no idea if it was genuine or a slightly racist mock-up, but I liked the sound of it and it I always try to use names that are unique so I never have put numbers after it when signing up for new websites etc.
(Just googled it and got something similar so genuine enough I think.)

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Today is my birthday

It's been a very weird one. Tried to make most / best of the situation ..

Couldn't see my friends or parents etc so did video calls

My sister walked round put my present in porch and watched me open via the window .. my daughter waved at her lovely

Got to spend some time at home

Have come to work.. decided right as it's Mt birthday im at least going to treat myself to my fav curry

Chicken tikka Madras .. just right

It arrives ... It's a blooming vinderloo!!!!?? The potatoes gave it away

Far too hot for me.. so it's ended up being chicken tikka bits.. a naan and 3 popadoms

瞿15 well spent

However I appreciate there are people far worse off than me.

IainP

Tour Rookie
Today is my birthday

My sister walked round put my present in porch and watched me open via the window .. my daughter waved at her lovely

Have come to work.. decided right as it's Mt birthday im at least going to treat myself to my fav curry

Far too hot for me.. so it's ended up being chicken tikka bits.. a naan and 3 popadoms

瞿15 well spent

Ha, was mine today also. Originally the children were all going to come back for a restaurant meal. Instead it was messages and a zoom video call, which was quite fun.
I also chose a chicken madras, but mine arrived as expected

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Ha, was mine today also. Originally the children were all going to come back for a restaurant meal. Instead it was messages and a zoom video call, which was quite fun.
Happy birthday to yourself!

Just a shame I been looking forward to this all day

Made me very sad

Going to be a long night aswell without food ... Can't even go McDonald's

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Today is my birthday

瞿15 well spent

And mine, Happy Birthday Guys.(y)

The muppet who had just joined our club constantly e-mailing me to ask when he will get given his official handicap as he had put three cards in the box before the clubhouse was closed.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
I am working in the living room with the radio playing through the alexa and my OH is stropping in the kitchen shouting at the alexa in there to play certain songs and so she is also changing the songs I am listening too

Stuart_C

Money List Winner
So Charlie and Johnson test positive for CV, how they've been tested ahead of frontline workers is an absolute travesty, yet us plebs need to be on deaths door before we get the chance to be tested.....

Wolf

So Charlie and Johnson test positive for CV, how they've been tested ahead of frontline workers is an absolute travesty, yet us plebs need to be on deaths door before we get the chance to be tested.....
Think most would argue the Prime minister running the country is a key worker, glad he got tested.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
I agree about Charlie.

But the PM has a massive role in this and certainly should be tested.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
So let's just let the Prime Minister self-isolate and hope he's ok. Really.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
The BBC. Doing my head in at the moment. Trying to pick holes in every measure the government introduce. Naga this morning not having a clue about the new measures being based upon profits and not earnings...seems now Laura Wonky Face broke the news about Boris...course she did.

Never mind the scaremongering and dramas rather than just giving the news.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
The BBC. Doing my head in at the moment. Trying to pick holes in every measure the government introduce. Naga this morning not having a clue about the new measures being based upon profits and not earnings...seems now Laura Wonky Face broke the news about Boris...course she did.

Never mind the scaremongering and dramas rather than just giving the news.
They also did a promo on the 7am bulletin from 2 self employed people, one of whom was defintely stating wrong things about the statement last night, the other was questionable. Why give them airtime, spread worry when anyone from the business unit could have told them they were wrong. Show them in a Q & A by all means, they can be corrected instantly, but not on their own.

Naga was beeing annoyingly aggressive this morning, as you say looking to pick holes wherever. I really dislike the manner and tone in which these interviews are happening right now. The politicians are actually giving straight answers, for once, so there is no need for it.