Random irritations of the day......

IainP

Tour Rookie
As I am heading to the same chain about 3 miles from there I hope I have better luck.
I normally would drive and put clubs in boot, but am doing trains & trams for a change.

Wolf

As I am heading to the same chain about 3 miles from there I hope I have better luck.
I normally would drive and put clubs in boot, but am doing trains & trams for a change.
I normally do the same as the range is directly opposite the hotel but got some other bits to do this week so won't get much chance in the evenings.

It's my 3rd week of 4 here and they've yet to get anything right I've got a temp room for the night with a broken window, no heating and a faulty shower... Still can only get better

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Mother in law giving a running commentary on the film we are watching.

Who's he then, I hope they don't kill him, that's the logo from earlier in the film, why are they doing that...🤦‍♂️
Sounds like my wife, she's a nightmare trying to watch a film with.
Stop start, questions, then she falls asleep so it's a rewind, then the same again, can take a age to watch a film.:mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Sunday team had a cup match yesterday against a team we've played before and beaten 7-1 this season. They turned up with a whole team of ringers - not one player was the same - and beat us 6-1. :unsure: Told the ref to check their player registrations etc and he wasn't remotely interested. It was a totally different bloody team!

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Sunday team had a cup match yesterday against a team we've played before and beaten 7-1 this season. They turned up with a whole team of ringers - not one player was the same - and beat us 6-1. :unsure: Told the ref to check their player registrations etc and he wasn't remotely interested. It was a totally different bloody team!
Our six aside league has similar issues! We were told that players can only represent one team across all three divisions in each 24 week season. In reality, as soon as winter hit and teams struggled for players the officials on the night were asking teams if they could lend players to teams who were short on the night. Wtf?!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Appeal to the organisers. If the competition is anything but a Mickey Mouse affair all players should be registered. It doesn't matter if the ref doesn't care, it goes to the cup organisers and they will eliminate the team if they have played unregistered players. Course, if it is a Mickey Mouse cup and organistion then you are out!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Appeal to the organisers. If the competition is anything but a Mickey Mouse affair all players should be registered. It doesn't matter if the ref doesn't care, it goes to the cup organisers and they will eliminate the team if they have played unregistered players. Course, if it is a Mickey Mouse cup and organistion then you are out!
Now that the day is past I'm not sure how they'd go about proving it. The team will just hand them a list of the 'players that played' and it will just be a list of names that are registered won't it?

Genuinely, their captain was heard shouting "yeah mate" and "midfielder - pass it". They didn't know each other's names, it was laughable.

Slime

Tour Winner
Unfortunately, the Brexit thread which has become a round-a-bout of argument and counter argument with neither side giving an inch and they are never going to either!
Petty insults are being traded, accusations are being thrown and posters are posting quotes and references that the other side either won't accept or claim are irrelevant.
A real shame as it used to be a very informative thread.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Now that the day is past I'm not sure how they'd go about proving it. The team will just hand them a list of the 'players that played' and it will just be a list of names that are registered won't it?

Genuinely, their captain was heard shouting "yeah mate" and "midfielder - pass it". They didn't know each other's names, it was laughable.
If the captain has lied about the names then you are stuffed. I would still put a letter in though, a/ just in case they were too stupid to lie b/ to make it known that you know what happened even if you can not prove it. Taint their win and make sure everyone else in the competition knows what they are doing. If they try it next round then the team they are palying against can be prepared.

Slime

Tour Winner
The awful way that English is spoken in the KFC advert on TV.
Nine niney nine ..................... get it right for the sake of our youngsters, please.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Unlucky mate, we won 4-3 in the cup this weekend 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
If the captain has lied about the names then you are stuffed. I would still put a letter in though, a/ just in case they were too stupid to lie b/ to make it known that you know what happened even if you can not prove it. Taint their win and make sure everyone else in the competition knows what they are doing. If they try it next round then the team they are palying against can be prepared.
I would write to the local league/Fa depending on who the organiser was and put your complaint in writing and explain that you approached the referee without satisfaction and that it was clearly apparent they didn't know each other and had been put together for the game. It may not over turn your result but may stop the next team getting mugged off

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Mother in law giving a running commentary on the film we are watching.

Who's he then, I hope they don't kill him, that's the logo from earlier in the film, why are they doing that...🤦‍♂️
My MIL does exactly the same thing. Once you hear it, it's all you can hear. Completely ruins it for me!!!!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Unfortunately, the Brexit thread which has become a round-a-bout of argument and counter argument with neither side giving an inch and they are never going to either!
Petty insults are being traded, accusations are being thrown and posters are posting quotes and references that the other side either won't accept or claim are irrelevant.
A real shame as it used to be a very informative thread.
Point taken. That's why I've now distanced myself from it. It's all a bit pointless now.

Kellfire

Tour Winner
My six aside team struggling for players because people don't want to play in a dead rubber against a team from two divisions above us. Pathetic attitude.

Colonel Bogey

When my lad played a few years ago they had 40+ players signed. Why? Because is was almost impossible to field a team as most of the players were out until 5 or 6 am and it's VERY difficult to get out of bed at 9am for a 10am kick off. They never knew what team they would be fielding until about 9.30am. It killed Sunday footie round my way. Three divisions when I played. None now!