Random irritations of the day......

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Coming back from liverpool, making great time. There was an accident on a single lane stretch of the a69 between Carlisle and Newcastle. The police closed the road and started redirecting traffic down a b road. Problem was both east and west bound traffic were sent along the same b road. The road was frequently only 1 car width wide and entirely unsuitable for the hgv's also sent down the same road. Cue significant jams and very stressed lorry drivers getting stuck.

Tough for the police but if they are going to redirect then look at a map to see where they are sending people. Send east bound down one road and west the other.

Pin-seeker

Money List Winner
people who say they wont post on certain threads then carry on posting the same drivel on said thread but think that by adding a smilie it makes it ok!
Also people who say “welcome to my ignore list”

But don’t actually add you to their ignore list😫

Drama queen.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
little scrotes who get caught not using a mat from the fairway on more than one occasion complaining the person who reported them was rude to them:rolleyes:
Mats just been introduced today at our place so a new experience for me. Irritating that I've carried a half set for weeks to protect the course yet tomorrow it will be rammed with 4 balls of younger guys with a full cart bag and electric trolley. Wish the club had the courage to stick a trolley ban on rather than resort to mats - will be interesting to see who does and doesn't comply to them!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Mats just been introduced today at our place so a new experience for me. Irritating that I've carried a half set for weeks to protect the course yet tomorrow it will be rammed with 4 balls of younger guys with a full cart bag and electric trolley. Wish the club had the courage to stick a trolley ban on rather than resort to mats - will be interesting to see who does and doesn't comply to them!
I've recently started to feel very guilty about not carrying in winter.

Have remedied last few times I've played.

Always find it refreshingly liberating

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Coming back from liverpool, making great time. There was an accident on a single lane stretch of the a69 between Carlisle and Newcastle. The police closed the road and started redirecting traffic down a b road. Problem was both east and west bound traffic were sent along the same b road. The road was frequently only 1 car width wide and entirely unsuitable for the hgv's also sent down the same road. Cue significant jams and very stressed lorry drivers getting stuck.

Tough for the police but if they are going to redirect then look at a map to see where they are sending people. Send east bound down one road and west the other.
I got stuck in the same mess, after 30 minutes of not moving on that really narrow road and realising what was going off, I turned around and took a detour which brought me (us actually as there was a convoy by this time 😁) out in the A69 after the closure.
How long did it take to get along that stupid little road?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
I got stuck in the same mess, after 30 minutes of not moving on that really narrow road and realising what was going off, I turned around and took a detour which brought me (us actually as there was a convoy by this time 😁) out in the A69 after the closure.
How long did it take to get along that stupid little road?
It took an hour and was pretty darned stressful. We were behind a big hgv who eventually had to park on the side of the road, a rare grassy area. The grass will be trashed as will the hedge he had to take out to create space to pass him. I felt for the bloke and had to admire his skill in taking turns and reversing in sections that were tight for a standard car.

A single track road, 1 hgv v 1 hgv, endless cars behind each. Repeat every few hundred metres. Horrible.

I would rather have waited, not moving, on the A69 than taken the diversion but we weren't given the option. If I ever have that situation again I'd turn on the 69 and take an entirely different route. I'm never going on that B road again :eek::eek:(n)