Random irritations of the day......

And speaking of software.

Companies that use utterly useless software. I have yet to work ANYWHERE that uses a bought in package that is any use for the purpose it was bought. Luckilly I've only got a few more working years to go.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Didn't expect this feminist nonsense from you. :cautious:
What a load of ballcocks. My wife uses the term when talking about her (95%female) team she is responsible for, and I hate it. Just as when retail staff or restaurant staff use the word.
My name isn't Guy, I'm not stuffed full of old clothes or newpaper.

PhilTheFragger

Global Moderator
Staff member
Worm casts .......................... there are billions of them.
This was mentioned in our clubs weekly newsletter today, there is a ban on the chemicals previously used to control worm casts, which is a bit of a pain
At home I sweep them off the grass when frozen, otherwise they just spread out and make an almighty mess .

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Worm casts .......................... there are billions of them.
This was mentioned in our clubs weekly newsletter today, there is a ban on the chemicals previously used to control worm casts, which is a bit of a pain
At home I sweep them off the grass when frozen, otherwise they just spread out and make an almighty mess .
They're fantastic when you're on winter rules and have preferred lies. Much easier hit driver off the fairway if you've put your ball on top of a worm cast. (y)

Slime

Tour Winner
Exactly the same for us.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Imurg had some time to kill so went to the range..
There's 3 old guys there having a laugh and hitting balls and generally having a good time.
I set up a bit further down and start beating balls.
Every few seconds I hear " nice one Bill, that's gone 250" or similar.
Now I'm not being ageist but if you added them all together they'd struggle to get to 250 so I had a break and watched them
Bill hit another nice one and I watched it fly and fall. " That was easy 250 again Bill".......
Er....no it wasn't - it pitched close to a flag that I know is 165 away because I Lasered it.....
I started chuckling to myself and got back to my bucket.
They kept on virtually doubling the distances they were hitting and I was struggling to contain myself.
The irritation is that I started shanking every ball because I was trying to keep the laughter in....
Still, they were happy:ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Imurg had some time to kill so went to the range..
There's 3 old guys there having a laugh and hitting balls and generally having a good time.
I set up a bit further down and start beating balls.
Every few seconds I hear " nice one Bill, that's gone 250" or similar.
Now I'm not being ageist but if you added them all together they'd struggle to get to 250 so I had a break and watched them
Bill hit another nice one and I watched it fly and fall. " That was easy 250 again Bill".......
Er....no it wasn't - it pitched close to a flag that I know is 165 away because I Lasered it.....
I started chuckling to myself and got back to my bucket.
They kept on virtually doubling the distances they were hitting and I was struggling to contain myself.
The irritation is that I started shanking every ball because I was trying to keep the laughter in....
Still, they were happy:ROFLMAO:
Did you have to put the range into the Sat Nav to find it?