Premier League 2020/21 Season

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Missed a sitter? He mugged the player on the edge of the box to get the chance and dragged it just wide when a last ditch challenge put him off balance.

Two set pieces and a lucky OG and we've peed it away. Mourinho is supposed be the master of defence resilience but while the likes of Sanchez and Aurier are still around he's got no hope.

Aurier ahead of Doherty cant be the long term plan can it?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Crikey. I just watched a Mourinho interview without turning over...he didn't talk in riddles and was fairly open and honest - world's going mad.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
What do you call a chance to score from 10yds right in front of the goal?
I call it a sitter!
He ran from his own half to get on the end of it, skinned the player to create the chance and Yarmolenko made the challenge (foul really but you don't get them) that made him miss. That's what I call it. It's never a sitter if you create the chance yourself with a great piece of skill is it. Use your loaf. :rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Yeah just after he completely gave the ball away and started a counter

Soon as that first goal went in you crumbled. Your awful at the back but going forward amazing
I hate Sanchez and Aurier, I'm gutted we couldn't get Skriniar in or a similar level defender. For me that was more important than the back-up striker everyone went on about.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Surely, you’re not starting to agree with me about Mourinho !
But our attacking play has been incredible for most of this season? You always said it wouldn't be. So no I obviously don't agree. Notably we're currently the exact opposite of a normal Mourinho team - great going forward and can't defend. :unsure:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
He ran from his own half to get on the end of it, skinned the player to create the chance and Yarmolenko made the challenge (foul really but you don't get them) that made him miss. That's what I call it. It's never a sitter if you create the chance yourself with a great piece of skill is it. Use your loaf. :rolleyes:
Dosnt matter what he does before he missed .
He missed the target from 10yds.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Not desperate, lets play the picture game as the only one we tend to see is the one after the contact.

Here’s one just before, VVD has touched the ball and Pickford isn’t even looking at him.
View attachment 32973 (y)
Well you profess to know your refereeing, so lets be specific:-

1. Is a player allowed to take a player out at the knee, even if the ref has blown his whistle.
2. Nowadays, is intent (or lack of) a good enough defence when a reckless or dangerous tackle has been committed?
3. Was Pickford "in control".
4. 2 frames on, and Ive seen moving pictures, Pickford's knees are level with VVD on impact (you can see JP's boot is equally as high on your still picture, the other boot is also that high by the time contact is made, btw.
5. You class this contact as "low" - my god, what would you class as high - throat level?
6. Would you class JP as a Rash keeper, or at least rash on many occasions? Rash may not necessarily mean dirty or malicious, but rash can be dangerous, btw.
7. Do you think Richarlison's was a red?

I dont expect any sympathy from blues, because I agree, we have had more decisions go our way over the years than against us in derbies, although we've also had some shockers against us as well, but 100% NOT a red. Come on?

My main problem is 3 VAR's went against us yesterday, and all 3 were shockers, not subjective ones.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Well you profess to know your refereeing, so lets be specific:-

1. Is a player allowed to take a player out at the knee, even if the ref has blown his whistle.
Again, it’s not black and white, it’s subjective if a tackle is deemed serious foul play, if you are asking can a Red Card be given after the Ref has blown his whistle the answer is Yes for Violent Conduct.
2. Nowadays, is intent (or lack of) a good enough defence when a reckless or dangerous tackle has been committed?
As above, it comes down to how the Ref or in this case Ref and VAR Official view it.
3. Was Pickford "in control".
If by “in control” you mean “was his movement intentional” then yes, imo he was, and imo, his intent was to spread himself and block the ball.
4. 2 frames on, and Ive seen moving pictures, Pickford's knees are level with VVD on impact (you can see JP's boot is equally as high on your still picture, the other boot is also that high by the time contact is made, btw.
You also see in the pictures VVD’s foot is planted.
5. You class this contact as "low" - my god, what would you class as high - throat level?
Misunderstanding or bad explanation from me, I mean low as in he’s going from an upright/standing position to the ground.
6. Would you class JP as a Rash keeper, or at least rash on many occasions? Rash may not necessarily mean dirty or malicious, but rash can be dangerous, btw.
I don’t rate Pickford, but in all honesty I’ve never seen him injure or do something dangerous involving another player, I have seen a picture today of an incident with him and Alli, but don’t remember it.
7. Do you think Richarlison's was a red? Absolute stone wall

I dont expect any sympathy from blues, because I agree, we have had more decisions go our way over the years than against us in derbies, although we've also had some shockers against us as well, but 100% NOT a red. Come on?
For it to be a Red for me there has to be intent and with it happening so fast I genuinely believe he did what I’d expect any keeper to do and attempt to block the ball, it was clumsy and momentum took him into VVD, I’d give a penalty and at most a yellow card, but believe a penalty was enough punishment.

My main problem is 3 VAR's went against us yesterday, and all 3 were shockers, not subjective ones.
You keep saying 3 shockers, I haven’t seen any mention, by anyone else but you of 3 instances, everywhere else it’s 2.

The VAR offside is a joke, next week the same margin will go the other way.

The VVD/Pickford incident they claim (VAR lot) was not seen as Violent Conduct and that is the only offence considered after a whistle has been blown.

Keane’s goal, I still haven’t seen, after watching it back, any offence by him.
Tried to be honest with all my answers, and as you put earlier James was looking for cards etc, and I agree it’s another area that needs clamping down on.

1. Should Mane have been booked for diving?

2. Should Mane of been given a Red Card for kicking Mina.

3. Were was VAR when TAA clearly pulled Richarlison’s shirt when he hit the post with a header?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Tried to be honest with all my answers, and as you put earlier James was looking for cards etc, and I agree it’s another area that needs clamping down on.

1. Should Mane have been booked for diving?

2. Should Mane of been given a Red Card for kicking Mina.

3. Were was VAR when TAA clearly pulled Richarlison’s shirt when he hit the post with a header?
We could go all day .
Your player did this ,our player did that.
If Pickford tackle was outside the box he would be in the bath before Richarlison.
That’s why I Think Oliver hasn’t done his job.
I am off to bed to watch motd.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
We could go all day .
Your player did this ,our player did that.
If Pickford tackle was outside the box he would be in the bath before Richarlison.
That’s why I Think Oliver hasn’t done his job.
I am off to bed to watch motd.
Pete asked me some direct questions! Are you suggesting I should ignore him?

P.S. Were on the pitch it happened is irrelevant if VVD was offside in build up and Officials don’t see it as violent conduct......keep up!