Premier League 2020/21 Season

4LEX

Pep's done well at City but has a blindspot and can't see past it. To me he looks burnt out and passionless, I can't believe he's signed a new two year deal. City are no better than last season, they're losing games in exactly the same manner. Dominating, wasteful and getting done on the counter. They're boring to watch and the oppsition have them figured out. The key issue is they've got no 30 goal striker now Aguero is past it and injury prone. They won't win the title.

Jose has done a remarkable job at Spurs, created a side of decent hard working players with the quality of Kane and Son to create the magic. Any egos have been crushed and he's back in his element. United were crazy to back the likes of Pogba and Martial over a proven world class manager that had won trophies and finished second. Two years on Pogba has been exposed for the clown he is and Martial has less goals this season than Harry Maguire despite playing every game as a striker :ROFLMAO:

Can't see Spurs lasting the distance but they'll go close next season. Liverpool even with injuries will win the title because of Klopp, their keeper, midfield and attack.

It doesn't take Jose to work out how to beat City at the moment. City are poor where it counts, in either box. Too slow going forward and left exposed in numbers when they are countered. City could struggle to make top four at this rate ๐Ÿ˜‰

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Injuries are part and parcel of the game and I certainly accept it and won't use it as an excuse but I also won't expect us to play at the same level with a patched up defence as we would with VVD,Trent,Mo etc.

Last season some people were questioning how good we'd be without our main men, they've now got their wish ๐Ÿ˜‰

yep they all played when Villa got 7 :) maybe youll be better without them ;)

What an absolute Mourinho performance. Dier was outstanding at the back, best game I've ever seen from him. I do think Ederson is very overrated by a lot of people. I don't think he needs to run off his line like a lunatic on either goal, and he got nutmegged both times. But we're finally starting to see a more resilient defence which is what Jose is meant to bring you, took him a while though. Top of the league and we know Liverpool or Leicester will drop points.
If City had a half decent striker on the pitch they'd have scored 3 or 4. Spurs defensively aren't great at all, but Jose had them better organised than Pep did today.

When your best player - a striker - is making crucial blocks and tackles back in defence then you're actually in a bit of trouble; Kane has done that on a number of occasions this season.

Badically take Kane and Son out of that Spurs team and there's not too much there to worry anyone.

Pep's done well at City but has a blindspot and can't see past it. To me he looks burnt out and passionless, I can't believe he's signed a new two year deal. City are no better than last season, they're losing games in exactly the same manner. Dominating, wasteful and getting done on the counter. They're boring to watch and the oppsition have them figured out. The key issue is they've got no 30 goal striker now Aguero is past it and injury prone. They won't win the title.
It doesn't take Jose to work out how to beat City at the moment. City are poor where it counts, in either box. Too slow going forward and left exposed in numbers when they are countered. City could struggle to make top four at this rate ๐Ÿ˜‰
Yeah, I certainly don't think Jesus is good enough. He's a reasonable back-up, but nowhere near Aguero's quality. That does make a big difference. Don't get me wrong, he scores a few goals, but is he consistent enough against the bigger sides? Good enough for a title-winning team? I don't think so. They look a totally different proposition with Aguero in there.

If City had a half decent striker on the pitch they'd have scored 3 or 4. Spurs defensively aren't great at all, but Jose had them better organised than Pep did today.

When your best player - a striker - is making crucial blocks and tackles back in defence then you're actually in a bit of trouble; Kane has done that on a number of occasions this season.

Badically take Kane and Son out of that Spurs team and there's not too much there to worry anyone.
Surely true if you take anyone's best two players?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really on board with talk tipping us for the league. Not many league winners will play another top team and be on the wrong end of that much possession for an entire half and have that many people behind the ball. It doesn't matter if you get the results. But next week at Chelsea, I don't think they'll be as kind if we give them 70% possession to be honest. They look a better side than City at the moment.

OK cant believe im going to argue for Spurs and/or Mourinho, let alone both but here goes

Spurs are playing some great football, scoring goals for fun, and have a genuine chance to win the league

Youre going to have to look for a very very long time to find a disappointed Spurs fan currently!
Not to disappoint ๐Ÿ˜„

Iโ€™ve been brought up to a certain style of football, so Iโ€™m having difficulty buying into this.

Another adjective is โ€œ Leopard and spots......

Thankfully weโ€™ve not had Allardyce, but you get my drift ๐Ÿค”
I guess it depends how old you are tbh. Im pretty much a PL time line fan and tbh, whilst you've played some OK footy during that period. You've been pretty dire too.

I certainly wouldnt say you've had a set style for 30 years. Good for neutrals as there are always goals involved, but I'd take trophies with Jose over lost finals with Poch....

Of course you may end up with with no trophies and then I guess it's better to simply watch your team win more than you lose with a few goals involved.

Not to disappoint ๐Ÿ˜„

Iโ€™ve been brought up to a certain style of football, so Iโ€™m having difficulty buying into this.

You'd rather we go all guns blazing up against City and get beat 4-1 like we have done quite a few times over the years? Not for me. It's not like we're scoring rubbish goals or just set pieces either, our attacking play is still great at times, we've just coupled it with some defensive resilience at long last. What's wrong with that?

What an absolute Mourinho performance. Dier was outstanding at the back, best game I've ever seen from him. I do think Ederson is very overrated by a lot of people. I don't think he needs to run off his line like a lunatic on either goal, and he got nutmegged both times. But we're finally starting to see a more resilient defence which is what Jose is meant to bring you, took him a while though. Top of the league and we know Liverpool or Leicester will drop points.
Genuine question .
Would the fans be happy to watch you defend like that at home if they were there.?
Or would they just be happy with the win?

Genuine question .
Would the fans be happy to watch you defend like that at home if they were there.?
Or would they just be happy with the win?
We beat City 2-0. Take that all day long. Personally I think fans who expect the team to try and play beautiful football and not get done over by a superior team are stupid. It's naive.

There's more than one way to play the beautiful game.

I'd accept playing like Stoke under Pulis if it meant winning the league. That said its great watching proper football every week so there's a balance to be had.

Spurs wont play many games like that again this season.

3pts off a rival that you'd expect t to lose against. Enjoy it and look forward to the next game.

We beat City 2-0. Take that all day long. Personally I think fans who expect the team to try and play beautiful football and not get done over by a superior team are stupid. It's naive.
I wouldnโ€™t say City are superior atm .
They look lost playing little triangles but nobody in the box.
And really open at the back.
But a wins a win .

You'd rather we go all guns blazing up against City and get beat 4-1 like we have done quite a few times over the years? Not for me. It's not like we're scoring rubbish goals or just set pieces either, our attacking play is still great at times, we've just coupled it with some defensive resilience at long last. What's wrong with that?
Your penultimate sentence nearly sums it up โ€œdefensive resilience at long TIMESโ€

Surely true if you take anyone's best two players?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really on board with talk tipping us for the league. Not many league winners will play another top team and be on the wrong end of that much possession for an entire half and have that many people behind the ball. It doesn't matter if you get the results. But next week at Chelsea, I don't think they'll be as kind if we give them 70% possession to be honest. They look a better side than City at the moment.
Not necessarily if the rest are half decent, but I'm not convinced by Spurs just yet.....just like I'm not convinced by my lot who were top of the table for about an hour before your lot ๐Ÿ˜‰

Next week will see Jose play exactly the same and it will be a draw - both forward lines pretty good; both defences a bit suspect still.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Not to disappoint ๐Ÿ˜„

Youve scored 21 goals in 9 games and are top of the league, you ever get the feeling youre asking a bit too much for side that hasnt won a trophy for more than 10 years or the league for 50+ years? Yes its Jose, but hes hardly setting you up to park the bus week in week out currently. If youd rather watch attractive losing football then I guess thats your prerogative.

Could be worse you could be watching dull losing football :(