Premier League 2019-2020 we’re off

It has been a rebuild for me for several seasons (as an outsider) and I fear Arteta has a massive problem in getting rid of the deadwood, and more importantly to bring players in that could actually bring quality and add. I suppose one of the biggest unknowns will be what time frame Arteta will have to work in, what the board will see as acceptable progress and how patient the fans will be. The squad does have some good players but if a legendary Arsenal injury jinx hits, it does seem threadbare. Perhaps the only other sides in the top 8 that I don't think are strong in depth are Spurs, Leicester and Wolves. Are the latter punching above their weight for a season
Don't disagree with much of that. Recruitment is always going to be an issue, especially as they are only signing players from other leagues. Difficult to point to many recent signings who have been a complete success... Aubameyang is the only one.

Problem I see however is the off field leadership issues will and are filtering through to the team.

Other clubs who have been successful have generally had far more synergy between ownership, management, coaching and players. I feel this is exactly where Liverpool are at the moment, and where City were (until the potential UEFA ban), Leicester, where previous Arsenal and Man U teams under Wenger and Fergie were.

it's the reason Chelsea go from challenging or winning to a season or two of nothing and the reason the current Man U set-up is not progressing. And the reason Spurs have not won anything despite a very good squad (and I'd be amazed if that changes under Mourinho).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Good to see Danny Ings doing well .
His injury’s held him back with us ,but he always put in the effort.
I hope he wins the golden boot he deserves it.
He's a quality striker, as you say, finally had a spell without too many injuries. He should be nailed on for the England squad whenever they play matches again. Absolute no-brainer to call him up.

Without his goals Southampton would be about 15 points worse off. He's had a fantastic season.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
He's a quality striker, as you say, finally had a spell without too many injuries. He should be nailed on for the England squad whenever they play matches again. Absolute no-brainer to call him up.

Without his goals Southampton would be about 15 points worse off. He's had a fantastic season.
I hope he does but he’s not playing for a fashionable team.
Let’s hope Gareth see past that and goes on form.

Villa STH

Were absolutely terrible at present, but I heard a brilliant stat yesterday. Of the bottom 5 teams, 3 points have been won so far since the restart - two of which were Villa's. Not giving up hope yet!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Villa STH

Were absolutely terrible at present, but I heard a brilliant stat yesterday. Of the bottom 5 teams, 3 points have been won so far since the restart - two of which were Villa's. Not giving up hope yet!

the other comment I heard was Villa are the only side at the bottom not trying hard enough to help Villa survive ;)