Playing to Handicap

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Obviously it was 1 under par 🤷‍♂️

Or if he wasn't in a comp, SSS is 1 under.

Do you genuinely not understand or do you think people are making it up?
You're making yourself look really stupid.
Or if it was the yellows then it was 2 under......allegedly.....but 37 is certainly a handicap breaker.....any claim that 35 points is playing to your handicap would be laughed out of any golf club bar!

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
From an SGU analysis some years ago.
Interesing points:
The Cat 1 golfers average two higher than their HC.
The Cat 4 golfers average six higher than their HC
Both are pretty much normal curves, with Cat1 having a narrower band - more consistent as one might expect.
Cat4 beat CSS approx 10% of rounds, and equal or better it approx 13% of rounds.
Cat1 beat CSS approx 21% of rounds, and equal or better it approx 32% of rounds.
Cat 2 and Cat 3 are line with those two extremes.

Cat1 Cat4.jpg

rosecott

Money List Winner
Or if it was the yellows then it was 2 under......allegedly.....but 37 is certainly a handicap breaker.....any claim that 35 points is playing to your handicap would be laughed out of any golf club bar!
Playing to handicap at Sherwood Forest, Yellows 36 points, Whites 34 points, Championships 32 points

Playing to handicap at Hollinwell, Yellows 35 points, Whites 33 points, Blues 32 points

'
As it happens I would consider myself playing my handicap 'standard' golf if I score anything between 34 and 37 pts. The difference comes down to luck and not how I play. I am more concerned about the 'standard' of my golf at the moment as I have been playing very poorly for quite some time and I want to get back to play my handicap 'standard' golf - so in that respect 34pts would have been as good for me as 37pts. That I got 37pts is obviously pleasing, but I know it was with just about everything going my way :)

BTW- it was off our back tees, and as only 4 out of the 43 players playing in our roll-up scored 36pts or more I doubt the CSS (if we bothered working one out - for the roll-up we don't bother) would be less than our par of 72 (SS of course is 72). Will be interested to see what the rest of the membership playing in the competition scored.

Last edited: