Open weeks and/or multi day opens

Haha I didnt actually know about it until I saw this thread!

I havent played in the S&A/Formby 72 hole event before but might have a look at that. I played in the Hillside/Birkdale 72 hole event a few years ago and would definitely do that one again!

You should look at these as well Sam if you havent already
Right now I won’t get in Birkdale, but it’s my solitary aim in golf now

Not this year I don’t think given the ballot
Depends on the weather.....there have always been good players in it (played a frenchie off of +4 one year and got him to the 17th!).....I still suspect 78 will get you in the championship flight.

My worry will be the dinner won’t be taken as seriously as it should be and I also suspect Kümmel sales will be markedly down on previous years!!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Magdalene Fields Golf Club

I'm keeping an eye on this for the May BH. If golf is back on and their three day event is on I think I'll go. Why? I'm glad you've asked. Because I played it many years ago and lost 14 balls. It was before I'd really go into golf properly. I was so bad I even missed the drive on one hole towards the end of the round as I knew I loose another ball and only had one left. I've been wanting to go back ther now I'm a bit better at the game and see if it really is as tough as I remember.
im keeping an eye on that one too. Played it once before it’s a decent little layout to be honest

Depends on the weather.....there have always been good players in it (played a frenchie off of +4 one year and got him to the 17th!).....I still suspect 78 will get you in the championship flight.

My worry will be the dinner won’t be taken as seriously as it should be and I also suspect Kümmel sales will be markedly down on previous years!!
Ah, Kümmel, had that at R&A clubhouse - definitely an acquired taste.

Ah, Kümmel, had that at R&A clubhouse - definitely an acquired taste.
Do you know of any opens at your place? Quick search on golf empire came up blank.

I loved the place when I was there. Cracking gentle opener, I need another 10 cracks at the 3rd (in fact all the par 3s) then so much fun from the 4th onwards.

Do you know of any opens at your place? Quick search on golf empire came up blank.

I loved the place when I was there. Cracking gentle opener, I need another 10 cracks at the 3rd (in fact all the par 3s) then so much fun from the 4th onwards.
Dunbar usually has a gents open in June. Nothing advertised as yet to my knowledge no doubt due to the pandemic.