Open weeks and/or multi day opens

Lincoln Quaker

KFC Loving Travel Agent
Folks can anyone recommend any good multi day open events please? I know about the Eden and Tassie both not an option this year. Looking for some that are run by clubs rather than companies looking to make a profit.

TIA
You after individual qualifiers Gordon or pairs so you can clean up with Smiffy?

There are quiet a few clubs that are doing these in house now so they are great value.

Thread starter #22

drive4show

Ryder Cup Winner
You after individual qualifiers Gordon or pairs so you can clean up with Smiffy?

There are quiet a few clubs that are doing these in house now so they are great value.
Looking at individual stuff at the moment until Smiffy sorts out his handicap. The one that Woodhall does with Seacroft looks quite interesting (y)

Lincoln Quaker

KFC Loving Travel Agent
I believe this came about after the collapse of the mid am tour when some of the diehards wanted to keep it going. Robobum may have been involved but not 100% sure about that.
Darren plays in most. I don’t think he is involved in the running.

Richard who runs it is a top bloke and hopefully he can make it a success.

Tashyboy

Money List Winner
  • Hollinwell Wednesday 9th June 2021
  • Sherwood Forest Thursday 10th June 2021
  • Lindrick Friday 11th June 2021
Daily prizes and trophy for the overall Heathland Classic Champions.

Entry fee is Β£450.00 per pair in 2021 with an enhanced player package.

don’t know if it is full. At Β£225 PP might not be bad vfm

I’ve entered the Harold Hilton at Royal Liverpool this year. Excited about that
I have put an entry in for this, looks like a really good event!
I played Hoylake once in winter, some of the winter tee positions completely changed the holes! So would be great to play it again when its a bit firmer and off the back tees, although hopefully not the Open tees unless the fairways are like the 2006 open!!

Last edited:
I have put an try in for this, looks like a really good event!
I played Hoylake once in winter, some of the winter tee positions completely changed the holes! So would be great to play it again when its a bit firmer and off the back tees, although hopefully not the Open tees unless the fairways are like the 2006 open!!
I full expected you to have entered mate. You play more events than Sung-Jae IM

I have put an try in for this, looks like a really good event!
I’d expect it to be the 6900 tees not the 7400.

You might not have in the past but they’ve sent an email saying closing date is 2 months away and the ballot is currently 2.7

Not looking forward to it creeping closer to me. Got a couple of shots to play with
I assume the ballot is based on index, rather than course handicap

Edit: of course it is, it’s an exact number πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Yorkshire challenge Series :-

Ganton Series
Day One Ganton / Day Two Moortown / Day Three Lindrick
Golf only:
www.brsgolf.com/ganton

Moortown Series
Day One Moortown / Day Two Lindrick / Day Three Ganton
Golf only:
www.brsgolf.com/moortown

Lindrick Series
Day One Lindrick / Day Two Ganton / Day Three Moortown
Golf only:
www.brsgolf.com/lindrick

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
Day Two tee times at each course will be allocated and Day Three tee times will be in score order i.e. leaders out last.
All the courses have Ryder Cup pedigree meaning you will be following in the footsteps of some great golfing names.
Tee times will run from 08:00 to 14:00.

Entry Fee: Β£450 a pair ( until December 31st 2020)

Entry Fee Β£475 a pair ( From January 1st 2021)

Reminds me, must get across and play Lindrick.

I full expected you to have entered mate. You play more events than Sung-Jae IM
Haha I didnt actually know about it until I saw this thread!

I havent played in the S&A/Formby 72 hole event before but might have a look at that. I played in the Hillside/Birkdale 72 hole event a few years ago and would definitely do that one again!

You should look at these as well Sam if you havent already

Yorkshire challenge Series :-

Ganton Series
Day One Ganton / Day Two Moortown / Day Three Lindrick
Golf only:
www.brsgolf.com/ganton

Moortown Series
Day One Moortown / Day Two Lindrick / Day Three Ganton
Golf only:
www.brsgolf.com/moortown

Lindrick Series
Day One Lindrick / Day Two Ganton / Day Three Moortown
Golf only:
www.brsgolf.com/lindrick

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
Day Two tee times at each course will be allocated and Day Three tee times will be in score order i.e. leaders out last.
All the courses have Ryder Cup pedigree meaning you will be following in the footsteps of some great golfing names.
Tee times will run from 08:00 to 14:00.

Entry Fee: Β£450 a pair ( until December 31st 2020)

Entry Fee Β£475 a pair ( From January 1st 2021)

Reminds me, must get across and play Lindrick.
Played in the above a few yearsβ€˜ ago. Had a session the night before and the guy who was playing with us was on his own and he had more points than the 2 of us together . Embarrassing but 3 top courses

Magdalene Fields Golf Club

I'm keeping an eye on this for the May BH. If golf is back on and their three day event is on I think I'll go. Why? I'm glad you've asked. Because I played it many years ago and lost 14 balls. It was before I'd really go into golf properly. I was so bad I even missed the drive on one hole towards the end of the round as I knew I loose another ball and only had one left. I've been wanting to go back ther now I'm a bit better at the game and see if it really is as tough as I remember.