Minneapolis right now.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
It is interesting, that’s for sure. I’m surprised he didn’t put on his klan uniform and show us his favourite lynching irons.
You really are a [mod edit] to link White Supremecist evil scum like the Klan to this speach that is all about enforcing law and order with local police backed by the guard. He espouses the right to protest but calls out the Antifa leftist anarchists, looters and media for spreading the sort of rubbish you are saying. I don't know who the guy is but i heard nothing in any way racist with a long message about enforcing the law!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter #146

Kellfire

Tour Winner
You really are a [mod edit] to link White Supremecist evil scum like the Klan to this speach that is all about enforcing law and order with local police backed by the guard. He espouses the right to protest but calls out the Antifa leftist anarchists, looters and media for spreading the sort of rubbish you are saying. I don't know who the guy is but i heard nothing in any way racist with a long message about enforcing the law!
The subtext is plain if you’re opening to hearing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
The subtext is plain if you’re opening to hearing it.
There is no sub text about you linking someone who said nothing racist and only advocating clamping down on criminals to being Klu Klux Klan. That is the worst sort of blatent leftist liberal utter tosh I have seen and makes you as bad as the people on the other side of the spectrum

There is no sub text about you linking someone who said nothing racist and only advocating clamping down on criminals to being Klu Klux Klan. That is the worst sort of blatent leftist liberal utter tosh I have seen and makes you as bad as the people on the other side of the spectrum
There is a subtext though isn't there? I grant you it's not KKK, that's a stretch but he's using his former role in law enforcement to discuss how to crush the lefties. I only got to 8 minutes so he may well have said more but their was no contrition as to role his former employers in bringing the US to this point. I would suggest that if his view points are prevalent in the US justice system this issue will never go away.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
Phil's post with the pic of the armed folk outside their houses encapsulates the crisis perfectly.......... folk see what they choose to see, and that is applicable from either perspective.

Therein lies the lesson......not one I see being learned on the streets of America any time soon, or on these pages either. Sadly.

gmc40

Head Pro
The guy’s a known mouthpiece for Trump.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
There is a subtext though isn't there? I grant you it's not KKK, that's a stretch but he's using his former role in law enforcement to discuss how to crush the lefties. I only got to 8 minutes so he may well have said more but their was no contrition as to role his former employers in bringing the US to this point. I would suggest that if his view points are prevalent in the US justice system this issue will never go away.
there are plenty of things out there from far right white supremecists and all the other scum on that side of the fence to criticise but i disagree that someone who promotes law and order and the right to demonstrate should be tarred with the same brush and i don't buy subtext in this context as that is stretching things too far.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
The guy’s a known mouthpiece for Trump.
who cares who he supports - half the country support Trump - no reason in any way to link this bloke (and no idea who he is or what he has said elsewhere) with the Klu Klux Klan for giving a pro law-and-order and peaceful-protest speach - that sort of subtext link is fule for Antifa hooligans

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner
who cares who he supports - half the country support Trump - no reason in any way to link this bloke (and no idea who he is or what he has said elsewhere) with the Klu Klux Klan for giving a pro law-and-order and peaceful-protest speach - that sort of subtext link is fule for Antifa hooligans
For me if it was just rioting that was going on then he has a point - but he is just like Trump , he is ignoring what’s going on behind it all and why it’s happening.

There are hundreds of thousands of peaceful protests going on right now and they are being faced by his police and national guard in a show of force , peaceful demonstrators are being attacked by tear gas or rubber bullets etc - he doesn’t appear to be tackling the overreaction brutality of his police force and national guard.

Yes rioters need to be punished but that’s just a small proportion of what’s happening and just like Trump he is deflecting everything away from the real issues and pointing it all at the looters

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
For me if it was just rioting that was going on then he has a point - but he is just like Trump , he is ignoring what’s going on behind it all and why it’s happening.

There are hundreds of thousands of peaceful protests going on right now and they are being faced by his police and national guard in a show of force , peaceful demonstrators are being attacked by tear gas or rubber bullets etc - he doesn’t appear to be tackling the overreaction brutality of his police force and national guard.

Yes rioters need to be punished but that’s just a small proportion of what’s happening and just like Trump he is deflecting everything away from the real issues and pointing it all at the looters
But this bloke - whoever he is and whatever beliefs he has - has not said anyting racist and has condemmed rioters and looters while also advocated perfectly legal protest. Nothing harmful in that. Could he have balanced his views by condeming the police killing of George Floyd - yes - as he could condemn the several poilce killed/ injured by rioters. But just becuase he focused on 1. Cracking down on the rioters and 2. Advocating lawful public demonstrations - he should not be linked to Klu Klux klan or the ilk. There are many issues in all of this and just because someone does not cover the full spectrum does not mean they are racist or that there is a subtext - plenty of legitimate targets for this sort of behaviour but i do not think this should be

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Can see both sides of this

Unfortunatly whislt i agree on many, many, many points raised by the left leaning peole involved in this. Being fairly centerist i am sure i am just a whisker away from being denounced as a racist facist boomer white male pig

So i wont bother a peep.

The whole situation is an absolute tragedy and the amount of partisan excuse makers on both sides is sickening. Racist bingo slides whilst a comical are just a sure fire way of shutting down any form of usefull and challanging conversation imo.

We are in a right poo state because lets be honest. Geniune and somtimes credable opinions are blown out of the water under a guise of hatred and shrieks of abuse.

honest feeling is we are screwed full stop as people are indoctronated to hate at both ends of the spectrum. Were stuck and always will be in a stale mate with parties that cant stop denouncing every aspect of the thoir oppositions very being, especially thier thoughts.

its a ruddy mess

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner

Unfortunatly whislt i agree on many, many, many points raised by the left leaning peole involved in this. Being fairly centerist i am sure i am just a whisker away from being denounced as a racist facist boomer white male pig

So i wont bother a peep.

The whole situation is an absolute tragedy and the amount of partisan excuse makers on both sides is sickening. Racist bingo slides whilst a comical are just a sure fire way of shutting down any form of usefull and challanging conversation imo.

We are in a right poo state because lets be honest. Geniune and somtimes credable opinions are blown out of the water under a guise of hatred and shrieks of abuse.

honest feeling is we are screwed full stop as people are indoctronated to hate at both ends of the spectrum. Were stuck and always will be in a stale mate with parties that cant stop denouncing every aspect of the thoir oppositions very being, especially thier thoughts.

its a ruddy mess
That's a really good post, well said.

Thread starter #158

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Antifa aren’t criminals.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner

So i wont bother a peep.

its a ruddy mess
Unfortunately no matter what happens in the future and how much people try and educate each other it’s just not going to go away - there will always be some persecution based on age, colour , sex , race , sexual discrimination. It’s been happening since the day we walked the earth and will continue to do so whilst humans roam the earth.

The human race is never going to be perfect , it’s impossible , currently the awareness of some situations has been highlighted and if it helps change some people’s attitudes then it’s a step forward but yes you are right it’s very hard for everyone to sit down and find a solution - because there isn’t one and it always gets emotive and heated. The racist bingo slide 99% covers a lot of things but as you say it doesn’t fit all and should have a caveat attached to it.

I think what also helps when these discussions happen is knowing the other person or at very least having sat down and conversed with the other person - I have sat down with some on the forum and we have had hard conversations but you see the other person and can get the angle and attitude where as maybe myself included judge the people who you havent seen a bit different because it’s just words on the screen with zero emotion attached.

Ultimately you are spot on Hatred will always be there at the polar ends