Minneapolis right now.

therod

Money List Winner
So people who demonstrate against Racist and Persecution are now labelled “morons” ?!

Racism and Persecution is not just limited to the US - it’s very much alive in the UK as well and maybe this is now the time to highlight around the world to try and get people to change their attitudes

And please do enlighten us and what this book is ?
Not sure he should be allowed on the interweb!!! He’s either being hacked or posting gibberish. Surely his responsible adult should apply some parental controls

IanM

Journeyman Pro
Keeping out of it, but having read this, some reminder of definitions might be helpful, but of course it won't due to part of the following! :unsure::whistle:

- The US Police - a group of hard working public servants who put their lives in danger every day
- Racist Scum - a group of scumbags who do a range of jobs, any jobs actually, including Police Officer!
- Bigot - someone who has entrenched views based on prejudice - can be either left or right wing.
- Demonstrator(s) - a person or persons who exercise their legal right to demonstrate peacefully and within the law
- Rioters and Looters - people who exploit situations for their own ends for political gain or to obtain new trainers/TVs!
- Media Outlet - a communications organisation who promote the agenda of their proprietor or financial backers. Can also be left or right wing

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
We only have to read social media and indeed some of the mainstream papers to see that racism , bigotry etc is always alive and bubbling away

An unarmed black American who paid for something with a forged note - ( something that has happened to many people all over the world ) is then killed by a policeman whilst other stand by and watch , it’s no doubt that if the man was white then the whole incident would never had occurred

Now instead pointing fingers directly where the blame should be with have “white” men and women looking at other areas to try and shift the blame or look at some sort of justification for it - but to ease their conscience there is always the “the police will be punished” etc

We have seen - his previous record dragged up , things that happened over a decade ago and he was released from prison after paying for his crimes 6 years ago and since then had no issue at all , but more and more people are going into that as if him losing his life doesn’t matter because in the past he committed some crimes ? Would the attitude be the same if it was a white man - of course it wouldn’t

And then you have even on this thread - shouldn’t wear their ethnicity on their sleeve, they should integrate more with us white people and remove barriers - have you not thought for one minute why those barriers are there ? Why they are scared to integrate - maybe it’s because of hundreds of years of persecution from the same people that are telling them to integrate and not be proud of their ethnicity - why they hell would people who have been persecuted all their lives want to mix with others ?

If people really want other ethnic minorities then maybe people should them as equal all the time and not when it suits, maybe instead of looking to point fingers at the victims and what they could do to stop it happening they should look at the perpetrators and also before suggesting what others should do how about living in their shoes for a while and see how for many people they suffer daily racism and persecution all because of the colour of their skin or because of their sex or their sexuality
Interesting 2nd paragraph
The video clip I saw where he was pinned to the ground there were other police guarding,no doubt with Tazers,pepper sprays even a gun.
There was a guy demonstrating and even mentioned he was killing him.
Now even that guy could see it what do you expect him to do under those circumstances.
In fact what would you have done.
Easier said than done from the safety of your sofa.
People were watching but they had no option.
That’s the video I saw.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
I had discussion on this with a mate yesterday on the course. He was outraged. Me? I do try and see both sides, even without knowing the fully details. What had actually happened to cause the arrest? I'm sure the cop had heard the "I can't breathe" thing a million times. So he gets off and the man runs away or stabs him or shoots him. It's a nasty dangerous job being a cop in any country, but in the USA. nutz to that. Sure things went very very wrong, and I feel for both sides, but full on riots? Really? And morons in this country demonstrating in solidarity? Morons? Just what the hell has this got too do with them?
All this is reinforcing a book I'm reading (only just started it) I've a feeling I don't really need to continue with it. It's a scary book, if you are a certain type of person. Just be glad you'll be long gone (hopefully) before they take control.
Here you go, an explanation for you why the 'morons' are demonstrating. But please don't assume all morons demonstrated, as it's pretty clear some morons did not as they were posting on golf forums at the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52877803

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Whilst looting and causing damage doesn't help it begs the question of what comes first. The spark was lawlessness on the part of the very body that is meant to uphold the law. So the unwritten "contract" which keeps many on the right side of the law has been broken by the lawmakers so begs the question "why should I uphold the law if they can't". For sure some opportunists will take advantage but many of those looting could argue "why shouldn't I".

Add to that generations of oppression that never seems to change. Poor living conditions and limited opportunities that never seem to change and "hell yeah - I'll help myself to the 60" TV I'll never be able to afford."

Fortunately for us, we'll never walk a mile in their shoes.

JamesR

Tour Winner
Not really a radio one listener but Clara Amfo was brilliant in her statement today.
Perhaps someone more tech able would be able to Provide a link ?

sunshine

Does any other country have its citizens break themselves down into categories, as mentioned, as much as in America? There are plenty that will have a single distinct group, Turkish Kurds is an example, but I can't think of anywhere else that has so many. Interested to hear other examples if people can think of anywhere.

I'm with some of the others on this, it can not be healthy to have such distintctions.
Loads of countries.

If you think about it, loads of countries have fierce divisions based on ethnic or religious background. It's led to civil war, genocide, partition. Rwanda, Bosnia, Kosovo, Myanmar are all recent examples. Many many more.

sunshine

I had discussion on this with a mate yesterday on the course. He was outraged. Me? I do try and see both sides, even without knowing the fully details. What had actually happened to cause the arrest? I'm sure the cop had heard the "I can't breathe" thing a million times. So he gets off and the man runs away or stabs him or shoots him. It's a nasty dangerous job being a cop in any country, but in the USA. nutz to that. Sure things went very very wrong, and I feel for both sides, but full on riots? Really? And morons in this country demonstrating in solidarity? Morons? Just what the hell has this got too do with them?
All this is reinforcing a book I'm reading (only just started it) I've a feeling I don't really need to continue with it. It's a scary book, if you are a certain type of person. Just be glad you'll be long gone (hopefully) before they take control.
I assume "they" refers to aliens. I can't work out what book you are referring to, it must be a comic or some other book with big pictures.

JamesR

Tour Winner
Very powerful and moving. I also found the attached an excellent read. An article from Maurice Allen
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/being-black-in-a-white-sport
Very good read.
Cheers
other interesting stories I’ve read have been about a white player driving across the south with Charlie Sifford.
And amazingly, even worse, about the “Battle Royales”which were held at Augusta back in the day...black kids, blindfolded & with one arm tied behind their backs (so they couldn’t defend themselves) , fighting for the master’s entertainment. I understand James Brown fought in some of these

Wilson

Head Pro
The owners of the shop in which he used the fake $20 have posted a statement, it explains that they have to call the Police under a local law, and that it was the Police who escalated the situation, worth a read.