Mince Pies

hairball_89

Club Champion
I'm a fan of the Asda ones with icing on top
The extra special ones?! Absolutely!

Usually my mrs makes ours. mincemeat made from scratch the previous year sitting in the cupboard being topped up with brandy/calvados every now and again next to my home made sloe gin... Which reminds me, I need to make next years batch!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Bought some from Sainsbury’s today. 4for £1.20. Acceptable for the start of the season. Said shortcrust pastry but a bit lacking in taste and not much mince 5/10. Could do better.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Lord T.

Had mince pies this year from M and S, Booth’s, Sainsbury’s and Aldi.

Easily the best was was Aldi 6 almond mince tarts. Get some bought guys before other people find out!

Thread starter #152

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Lord T.

Had mince pies this year from M and S, Booth’s, Sainsbury’s and Aldi.

Easily the best was was Aldi 6 almond mince tarts. Get some bought guys before other people find out!
Top advice thank you. I love the taste of almonds so merging it with mince pies is a genius idea.

Thread starter #154

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
To balance out, you live where it is warm and with a sense of normality. Today it is cold, it's honking it down, it's dark at 5pm (clocks haven't even changed yet), and I'm living in a lockdown area. I love my mince pies but even I'd trade them with you right now for life over there.

Give us poor souls something 😢

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Can't beat home made though. One of the joys of Christmas morning is coming down to HID cooking home made sausage rolls and especially her deep filled mince pies. Hard to keep a lid on the grazing to not spoil the big even but need to leave a hole for a mince pie with a cuppa about an hour later

Slab

Money List Winner
To balance out, you live where it is warm and with a sense of normality. Today it is cold, it's honking it down, it's dark at 5pm (clocks haven't even changed yet), and I'm living in a lockdown area. I love my mince pies but even I'd trade them with you right now for life over there.

Give us poor souls something 😢
I was just gonna 'like' your post and then I thought nah, screw that gimmie some mince pies! :LOL:

(you're right though, summer is just kicking in again and it was glorious at the club at 6;30 this morning for a couple of hours practice before work)(y)