Mince Pies

You do know, don't you, that one of the terms of the Brexit agreement is that when we leave, we will no longer be allowed to call them mince pies due to their lack of mince. Bet you didn't know that was what we were voting for back in 2016.

Slime

Tour Winner
You do know, don't you, that one of the terms of the Brexit agreement is that when we leave, we will no longer be allowed to call them mince pies due to their lack of mince. Bet you didn't know that was what we were voting for back in 2016.
But, surely, they're full of mince?
It's just, obviously, fruit and not meat.
If not, what is in them.

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
But, surely, they're full of mince?
It's just, obviously, fruit and not meat.
If not, what is in them.
Things change... originally it was meat mixed with fruit and spices. Not sure when the meat bit was dropped, or why. Maybe poor people could only afford the fruit and spices...

Thread starter #114

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
2 monthsโ€™ on guys.

How many have you left?

i have 5 still in the freezer. Will not last long though!
Boxes or pies? I have 40 pies left ๐Ÿ‘. I've been trying to ration myself plus it also took a while to get through a Christmas cake both at home and also work. The cakes have both gone now so I'm able to fully concentrate on the remaining pies ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hobbit

Ryder Cup Winner
Boxes or pies? I have 40 pies left ๐Ÿ‘. I've been trying to ration myself plus it also took a while to get through a Christmas cake both at home and also work. The cakes have both gone now so I'm able to fully concentrate on the remaining pies ๐Ÿ˜‚
Christmas cake?! You have Christmas cake? What's your address? Do you have Wensleydale cheese and Taylor's tawny port too? OMG, a can see a picnic! Toast fingers with pate. Christmas cake and Wensleydale and a large flagon of tawny port.

Thread starter #119

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Christmas cake?! You have Christmas cake? What's your address? Do you have Wensleydale cheese and Taylor's tawny port too? OMG, a can see a picnic! Toast fingers with pate. Christmas cake and Wensleydale and a large flagon of tawny port.
Have you got a spy camera in my house ๐Ÿ˜ฑ? Ruby port and also tawny port, standard wensleydale and also rum and ginger wensleydale (we were in Hawes just a few weeks ago and filled up), Christmas cake and mince pies. You may have the sun and retirement but I'm living the dream right now ๐Ÿ˜†

I've actually only just discovered the joy's of tawny port ๐Ÿ˜. Definitely the future.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Have you got a spy camera in my house ๐Ÿ˜ฑ? Ruby port and also tawny port, standard wensleydale and also rum and ginger wensleydale (we were in Hawes just a few weeks ago and filled up), Christmas cake and mince pies. You may have the sun and retirement but I'm living the dream right now ๐Ÿ˜†
Yes if he thinks he can have a picnic here at the moment heโ€™s in for a real shock.
Bo ok in Spain though.;)