Mince Pies

Thread starter #1

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
I'm a huge fan of mince pies. I'm stockpiling in the freezer already for the post Christmas desert, 5 boxes hidden in there, my wife only thinks there are 2 😳. Current ones tried so far this year from:

Morrison's
Aldi
Tesco
Sainbury's
Mark's and Spencer

The best so far are from Sainsburys, M & S in second place. Any recommendations not in the list above?

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
LT. I am with you re mince pies. I have more than you in the freezer and they usually last until around June. The all butter with brandy are good from Aldi and whilst not in your area Booth’s are top notch. Bought some from Asda, extra special crumble, highly recommended. The last time I sent Mrs 3OTT they only had one packet available!

I do NOT like are all the changes e.g. Black Forest, Caramel types.
Always worth paying £2 for 6 rather than the insipid 6 for £1.

Just been to check and I have 4 packets in freezer, 2 in garage, and 2 in kitchen. Plea to of time to stock up yet!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
I'm a huge fan of mince pies. I'm stockpiling in the freezer already for the post Christmas desert, 5 boxes hidden in there, my wife only thinks there are 2 😳. Current ones tried so far this year from:

Morrison's
Aldi
Tesco
Sainbury's
Mark's and Spencer

The best so far are from Sainsburys, M & S in second place. Any recommendations not in the list above?
My favourite spelling mistake. One of the few things I remember from school after we had to use certain words in a sentence.
Most of us confused dessert (pudding) with desert (the sandy place).

By the way I love mince pies. Hot with a big dollop of ice cream is the best way of eating them.

Wolf

Im the only one who eats them in my house, bloody love them warm or cold on their own or with brandy butter, brandy cream or ice cream.

The only caveat i have to not liking them is the awful Asda ones that instead of a pastry case lid have the icing instead. Just ruins a perfectly good mince pie.

Tesco finest are good, but any all butter pastry one will hit the spot..

Oh and ive just remembered the McDonald's mince pie and custard they did a couple years back. Think of the apple pie they do but substitute the filling for warm mince pie and custard, they were a game changer for mince pie munching on the go....

Last edited:
Thread starter #10

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
My favourite spelling mistake. One of the few things I remember from school after we had to use certain words in a sentence.
Most of us confused dessert (pudding) with desert (the sandy place).

By the way I love mince pies. Hot with a big dollop of ice cream is the best way of eating them.
I actually meant desert, sandy place, as in post Christmas they disappear off the shelves almost instantly and can not be found until November again. It wasn't clear in my post though so it's a fair cop 😁

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
I love mince pies.

Trouble is they do not like me. I am in for a bad night if I cannot resist the temptation.

I am always reminded of the advert for something else

'One is never enough'

Kellfire

Tour Winner
Bloody love them. Had some warmed up with brandy cream last week and I think I got a bit tiddly - damn that was some strong brandy.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
We got sent a hamper by a client. One of my colleagues picked up the box of mince pies and said I can’t have those because they have pork in them. I suggested that he check the ingredients (also to confirm no alcohol) and he has taken them home to give them a try.