Latest London Stabbing

Thread starter #1

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Whilst it is sad that a 14 year old was stabbed to death yesterday, what the hell is a 14 year old doing riding a moped? Breaking the law - that's what!
If I were to be really harsh, I'd say that's one less criminal on the street.

A couple of years ago my car was damaged by an underage rider. Now I'm quite a reasonable guy, but I was so enraged at the time, I gave chase but the little **** got away.
I'm not saying that I would have killed him, but may have given him a slap in a fit of rage.
Now, consider the situation yesterday - it is claimed that he hit a car, the occupants (who no doubt are not as "reasonable" as me) got out and stabbed him.
Given the seeming regularity of stabbings in London, I am not particularly surprised by this event.

Wolf

My sentiments when I first read it to...

Read it three times and couldn't work out if the sentiment was genuine, being controversial for the sake it.

14year old kid shouldn't be in the road but doesn't mean he deserves to be stabbed for this, slapped for scratching the OP car even if that is more "reasonable" simply inform the authorities and deal with it properly..

bluewolf

Money List Winner
You should write that charming little eulogy to the kids family. They'd be thrilled..

FWIW, It's a good job such attitudes weren't prevalent when I was a rebellious teenager. I probably wouldn't have made it to 18..

Wolf

You should write that charming little eulogy to the kids family. They'd be thrilled..

FWIW, It's a good job such attitudes weren't prevalent when I was a rebellious teenager. I probably wouldn't have made it to 18..
Me either based on the OP I don't think I'd have made it out of school... Makes me think about the how low can humans get thread

Whilst it is sad that a 14 year old was stabbed to death yesterday, what the hell is a 14 year old doing riding a moped?
That was my first thought too, certainly begs questions. Not enough info in the radio news, but since we don't have the answers can only make assumptions - likely he was up to no good given that he was riding a moped on the road under age, uninsured etc. No excuse for the stabbing, or knocking him off the bike (although as seen in a previous thread, it is what the police do when chasing crooks on mopeds), seems the bods that done it were also also not too worried about the breaking the law.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Whilst it is sad that a 14 year old was stabbed to death yesterday, what the hell is a 14 year old doing riding a moped? Breaking the law - that's what!
You can't be serious? Surely? :oops:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
I guess more details will transpire with this incident. We can only guess what motive there may have been here but it is a very sad reflection on how bad knife crime is now.

Thread starter #10

GaryK

Assistant Pro
I am in no way condoning the fact that a 14 year old was killed.
However, as the saying goes...if you play with fire, you get burnt.

Maybe my post was a tad hard line, but if the kid wasn't breaking the law by riding a moped underage, then this would not have been a story.
For all we know, he could have been one of the rising number of thieves on mopeds.

Wilson

Head Pro
From the reports I've read, I think this was a targeted attack, so likely drugs/gang related.

Certainly 14 year old kids don't deserve to die just for riding mopeds.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner

A couple of years ago my car was damaged by an underage rider. Now I'm quite a reasonable guy, but I was so enraged at the time, I gave chase but the little **** got away.
I'm not saying that I would have killed him, but may have given him a slap in a fit of rage.
Now, consider the situation yesterday - it is claimed that he hit a car, the occupants (who no doubt are not as "reasonable" as me) got out and stabbed him.
Given the seeming regularity of stabbings in London, I am not particularly surprised by this event.
Is this what they mean by 'taking back control'.

Colonel Bogey

Come round my way in the summer you'll have a field day. Bikes all over the estate. Vrroooooom Vroooooom! Don't they have silencers anymore?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Only having a very sketchy report on the BBC, I would suggest that it’s probably gang and drug related. If it is a targeted event, it may well have been criminal elements carrying out “justice” for something done previously.

Anyone who has seen the young people on the mopeds around London will know what I mean.

Yes the headline event is very sad, but until all the facts and backgrounds are made known, no real judgement can be fully made.....only guesswork and gossip.

And of course all the stories about him being a wonderful boy who would never hurt a fly and worked hard at school have come out. It's always those kinds of people who get killed. Never the drug dealing ex-cons who were breaking the law. Maybe there is a message there about if you are a wonderful perfect human being, then your time will soon be up.

Yes that was about a nine on the cynicism scale

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Only having a very sketchy report on the BBC, I would suggest that it’s probably gang and drug related. If it is a targeted event, it may well have been criminal elements carrying out “justice” for something done previously.

Anyone who has seen the young people on the mopeds around London will know what I mean.

Yes the headline event is very sad, but until all the facts and backgrounds are made known, no real judgement can be fully made.....only guesswork and gossip.
This...

If this was a targeted attack you have to ask why 3 men in a black Merc (obviously not gang and/or drug related:unsure:) are targeting a 14 year old......
Of course he didn't deserve to die but why was he the target?
As stupid as the average drug dealer is, they're not so stupid as to kill a kid for the sake of it. He's made too many enemies at way to young an age.
I think it's fairly clear that the lad was no angel and you have to worry that 14 year olds - and often younger - seem to be able to get themselves into these situations.

Captainron

Tour Winner
I would be thinking that this is either one of 2 cases

1) mistaken identity where the perpetrators killed the lad because of 2

2) gang/drug related. As mentioned in previous posts, gangs will use kids on mopeds to distribute drugs/weapons because they are hard to catch, can go pretty much anywhere and are easy to ride.

Shame either way

chrisd

Major Champion
So, relaxing the stop and search rules was a good thing?

Surely, if more black kids are being stabbed and killed, and the perpetrators are predominately black kids, then the stop and search rules should be strengthened and the penalties for carrying weapons should be more penal?