Thread starter #2,201

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Latest Westminster poll projected seats

SNP 41
Tories 12
Lib Dems 4
SLAB 2

Wow, that is some fall from grace by Labour. Getting into bed with the Tories was always going to end in tears.
First to fourth in a dozen years.
Corbyn not going down tooo well in Scotland

Thread starter #2,203

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Given his speech about refugees, poor old Jezzbollah appears to think there is some form of war/famine happening in France right now! :rolleyes:
Given the hapless Home Secretary's recent speeches I think that it has now moved to the white cliffs of Dover.
UK being invaded by tens of migrants:rolleyes:
Seems like the 'Dunkirk Spirit' has a new meaning.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Given the hapless Home Secretary's recent speeches I think that it has now moved to the white cliffs of Dover.
UK being invaded by tens of migrants:rolleyes:
Seems like the 'Dunkirk Spirit' has a new meaning.
Except they are not really migrants- they are mainly people being duped by organised criminals into paying for transportation to the UK.

Tashyboy

Money List Winner
Except they are not really migrants- they are mainly people being duped by organised criminals into paying for transportation to the UK.
Read a lovely piece the other day where most of the “Migrants” are middle class Iranians. So why Iranians . It was more then suggested the problem lay in Serbia. They set up a deal with Iran (who is quite a rich country) that you could fly straight to serbia from Iran without a passport and just a Tourist Visa. The Iranians stayed in lovely hotels for a couple of weeks in Serbia whilst they contacted people smugglers who took them to the English channel complete with all equipment required to cross the channel. Now heres the thing. The Black migrants from Africa who have been camped in France for years and trying to break into vehicles using violent force, are disgusted that the Iranains have it easy.

DCB

Global Moderator
Staff member
Oh joy .... it just gets worse by the minute. Does JC really think the EU will sit down and re-negotiate at this stage.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Labour were only a couple of % points behind the cons at GE2017. If May were to go into an election with her WA it could split the leavers and lead JC to power. Far from unelectable.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Labour were only a couple of % points behind the cons at GE2017. If May were to go into an election with her WA it could split the leavers and lead JC to power. Far from unelectable.
It's weird though isn't it, just about every Labour supporter I've spoken to says they cannot vote for the party with JC in charge, so where are all these votes from?

drdel

Tour Rookie
He says they will negotiate a new deal, Brussels says no they wont. This will be after a GE with it all done and dusted by 29th March or a bit after when the EU has it elections and no UK MEPs will have been candidates/presented.

He should have forced a GE/ no confidence motion in the latter part of Quarter3: but he/Labour did not want to run the risk of having to handle the poison Brexit chalice

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
It's weird though isn't it, just about every Labour supporter I've spoken to says they cannot vote for the party with JC in charge, so where are all these votes from?
I think a lot come from people who would not normally vote, he has energised them.

It would be foolish for anyone to underestimate him. In particular he comes to life on the campaign trail and so you will not see that mirrored in polls until you reach that moment.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
I think a lot come from people who would not normally vote, he has energised them.

It would be foolish for anyone to underestimate him. In particular he comes to life on the campaign trail and so you will not see that mirrored in polls until you reach that moment.
It has often been said if Labour could ever get all its 'natural' support to the polling stations it would win hands down every time...

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro

Really ? Didn't work last time when the Tories were woeful and still won.