Is 3/4 difference....

louise_a

Money List Winner
Nope 90% should be used for 4BBBs, although I guess if a club wants to run a team open at 3/4s I guess its up to them

Colin L

Tour Winner
For affiliated clubs, CONGU regulations are quite clear - 90% is mandatory for 4BBB.

See CONGU Manual Appendix F [p.72]

Last edited:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
So can a club do a individual open and make it off 3/4?
I presume they can fam. League To Dubai run their singles comp off 3/4 official handicap. However it could be that as they are just an organising company they can do it but an individual club can not

Last edited:

pauldj42

Money List Winner
So can a club do a individual open and make it off 3/4?
I asked this mate and got the answer, Yes for prizes and No for Handicap if it's to be a qualifier, ie The Pauldj Cup - Ind Stroke - non-qualifier - 3/4 Handicap.

If it's a qualifier, You would have to state 100% handicap, prizes to awarded off 3/4 handicap.

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/showthread.php?92531-Competitions-at-Your-Club

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
I presume they can fam. League To Dubai run their singles comp off 3/4 official handicap. However it could be that as they are just an organising company they can do it but an individual club can not
The League To Dubai organisation is not licensed by CONGU nor affiliated to England Golf so cannot run qualifying competitions.
No sanctions can be taken against them as can be against affiliated clubs

Thread starter #13

Stuart_C

Loud & Wide
I asked this mate and got the answer, Yes for prizes and No for Handicap if it's to be a qualifier, ie The Pauldj Cup - Ind Stroke - non-qualifier - 3/4 Handicap.

If it's a qualifier, You would have to state 100% handicap, prizes to awarded off 3/4 handicap.

Not by Congu and affiliated clubs aren't to use it but some will to stop them being "official comps that HC adjustments can be made from w " - hence TT etc using them
So can a congu affiliated club hold an individual Open Comp and make it 3/4 handicap? Should it not be 90%?

pauldj42

Money List Winner
So can a congu affiliated club hold an individual Open Comp and make it 3/4 handicap? Should it not be 90%?
As Phil put it should be 100% to make it a qualifier, as it's an Open I'd suggest no.

I asked the question for our Club as it was a members only comp in memory of a another member who'd recently died.

CONGU advise Clubs to stay within the rules but acknowledge some club comps don't conform.

Thread starter #16

Stuart_C

Loud & Wide

Not by Congu and affiliated clubs aren't to use it but some will to stop them being "official comps that HC adjustments can be made from w " - hence TT etc using them
Individual it should be full HC
I know it should, but to make it non qualifying??

rosecott

Money List Winner
I know it should, but to make it non qualifying??
I'm not quite sure what you're getting at but this is from the CONGU manual:

"It is against the spirit and intent of the system to adjust the terms and conditions of a competition deliberately, so that it is rendered non-qualifying on a technicality."