Iran admit downing civilian airliner

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Iran have now admitted that a missile fired in response to Donald Trump’s assassination of the head of the Quds.

Congratulations Donald, those deaths are on you as far s I’m concerned 🤬🤬
Are you suggesting Iran purposely shot down a plane with their own Nationals aboard in response to the USA killing one of their Generals?

Piece

Tour Winner
Iran have now admitted that a missile fired in response to Donald Trump’s assassination of the head of the Quds.

Sorry don’t share that sentiment in the slightest.

Iran have admitted shooting down the plane in human error brought about by heightened tension, not as a response.

Last edited:

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
This just sheer incompetence by the Iranian military. They put a sensitive military base near a major airport, and then get trigger happy when a plane flies nearby. They are idiots. Sadly, I am sure they will pick on some minor military personnel, and punish them severely, when in reality, this will have come from way higher up.

Liverpoolphil

Grand Slam Winner

This tragic accident happened because of Trump assassination of the Iranian General

So indirectly Trump has innocent blood on his hands

gmc40

Head Pro
Unbelievable Jeff.
I know Trump is a knob but this "any excuse to have a pop at him" mentality is embarrassing.
To be fair, it’s not “any excuse to have a pop at him” is it. His actions have indirectly led to this. He pulled out of the Iran deal purely because he’s trying to undo the actions of his predecessor. Then he decided to blow up an Iranian general because of an “imminent threat” that doesn’t exist. Unless that “imminent threat” means the impeachment hearing and this years election.

Wolf

Why am I not surprised people are trying to blame Trump.. Did he pull the trigger that set the missile off that downed the plane? No he didn't. He is not responsible for the actions of the person that fired the missile.

It didn't happen because of Trump no matter what anyone says. It happened because the Iranians fired at a civilian plane. I can't stand Trump but to lay these deaths at his feet is ridiculous the fault for downing the airline is Irans fault nobody else's.

Last edited:

Piece

Tour Winner
To be fair, it’s not “any excuse to have a pop at him” is it. His actions have indirectly led to this. He pulled out of the Iran deal purely because he’s trying to undo the actions of his predecessor. Then he decided to blow up an Iranian general because of an “imminent threat” that doesn’t exist. Unless that “imminent threat” means the impeachment hearing and this years election.
I take it Trump didn’t listen to you at the Pentagon briefing on this then? 😉🤪

Thread starter #11

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Are you suggesting Iran purposely shot down a plane with their own Nationals aboard in response to the USA killing one of their Generals?
I’m suggesting that if Trump hadn’t sanctioned the assassination then the Iranians would have had nothing to respond to and it wouldn’t have happened. And I’m sure you know that is what was meant.

Thread starter #12

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Sorry don’t share that sentiment in the slightest.

Iran have admitted shooting down the plane in human error brought about by heightened tension, not as a response.
So the Trump sanctioned assassination didn’t heighten the tensions then? You may believe not, I don’t.

gmc40

Head Pro
I take it Trump didn’t listen to you at the Pentagon briefing on this then? 😉🤪
He chose to go ahead with the attack without good reason, that much is clear. Senators within his own party criticised the lack if justification given by Trumps intelligence officials at the recent briefing.

Trump and his cronies have spouted lie, after lie, after lie ever since he got into power.

If you honestly believe Trumps administration took this action for the reasons they are now claiming, more fool you.

Piece

Tour Winner
So the Trump sanctioned assassination didn’t heighten the tensions then? You may believe not, I don’t.
No, that is exactly what I meant.

Your OP implied that the missile was launched in response to Trump’s action. It wasn’t. It was launched in error. A response implies a deliberate act. It wasn’t. Perhaps I misunderstood your words but that’s how it comes across.

Piece

Tour Winner
He chose to go ahead with the attack without good reason, that much is clear. Senators within his own party criticised the lack if justification given by Trumps intelligence officials at the recent briefing.

Trump and his cronies have spouted lie, after lie, after lie ever since he got into power.

If you honestly believe Trumps administration took this action for the reasons they are now claiming, more fool you.
Trump is no different all other PoTUS in taking action against foreign targets. Does that make them all liars? Were none of those actions for the good of national security? Anyone with a sense of world affairs knows the answer there.

The only concrete lying I’ve seen in this issue has come from Iran. If they can’t handle a defence missile system in heightened tension state, it raises the question what are their capabilities with more serious weapons.

Pin-seeker

Money List Winner

I’m suggesting that if Trump hadn’t sanctioned the assassination then the Iranians would have had nothing to respond to and it wouldn’t have happened. And I’m sure you know that is what was meant.
This was down to the Iranians own stupidity.
Simple as that.

drdel

Tour Rookie

This is not logic and is unbalanced rhetoric against Trump/USA. Suppose for 'fun' I reverse the labels in the chronology of events for Trump/USA and Iran and see if logic still works...

USA has been 'poking' the Iranians for quite some months and has a pop at their Embassy; intelligence suggest other Iranian assets are under threats planned by USA. Iran has a small time window of opportunity and takes out the USA General they have been tracking and connected to previous aggression and without endangering civilians.
USA responds with 20 missiles targeting 2 Iranian airbases.
- Iran does not respond.
USA takes out a civilian flight with almost 200 deaths.
A funeral for the General sees 50 US civilians die.

Golf Forum members jump up and down on 'Iran'.

The real worry IMO, is what if Iran had access to nuclear assets !!