I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Third card handed in tonight for initial handicap, nice steady round again, shot 47 (par 33). 4th round in a row without any lost balls and highest score on card was a 7 so starting to eliminate the blow up holes.
Three cards have been 46, 47 and 50. Next target is to break 45 with a scorecard in hand, have shot 45 a couple of times on social rounds so i know i have it im me.
Driver still staying in the bag and really not missing it.
Still getting used to new putter but sank a couple of nice putts tonight.

Played Bearwood Lakes on last years H4H voucher, thanks to Bearwood and I assume PW on here for arranging such a voucher, great for the charity fundraising.

Played fairly good shot 8 over, thanks in the main to being 3 under on the par 5s. Starting raining as we were loading up the vehicle, phew! Happy days:)

Thread starter #6,023

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
A wet and soggy morning, just Fragger and me..
For the 4th round in a row I blobbed the first, this time from a prime position drive...just 2 awful shots.
Lost a ball on 7 but was pretty solid everywhere else to give him another hiding..
Tied at 14 apiece at the turn I, again, played the back 9 well....19 point to take him by 5.
Just got to sort out that front 9......
We now have the lifty-uppy things in the holes....they make the pin wider at the base so the ball can't drop all the way to the bottom so they're kind of redundant...
They loom better than a lump of foam kn the bottom of the hole but they're not really effective..

Out with my two Tuesday evening buddies for 18 holes yesterday. Aaaargh! Careless and casual on my 2nd shot on the 1st and a 'lucy locket'...

Pause and hit 'head restart' button.

OK to 8th though game feeling a bit too close to the edge for comfort. Then wham - 2nd shot on 8th rockets knee-high right towards my mates who just at last moment jumped out of the way. Way too close for comfort. Shaken by this the 9th was a 'mare. Another of 'them' on the 10th - but got away with it and so again pressed the 'head reset' button and rest of round went fine. But it's gruesome that when I am too casual 'they' are there just waiting...

For the 4th round in a row I blobbed the first, this time from a prime position drive...just 2 awful shots.
Lost a ball on 7 but was pretty solid everywhere else to give him another hiding..
Tied at 14 apiece at the turn I, again, played the back 9 well....19 point to take him by 5.
We now have the lifty-uppy things in the holes....they make the pin wider at the base so the ball can't drop all the way to the bottom so they're kind of redundant...
They loom better than a lump of foam kn the bottom of the hole but they're not really effective..
Think we can consign YOTF to failure. He seems to match you for the front 9 most of the time and then fall away. Is it fatigue given his health issues do you think?

Think you need a major strategy rethink on the 1st!!!

Have you tried starting on the 10th?
Just a serious thought. (y)

Out with my two Tuesday evening buddies for 18 holes yesterday. Aaaargh! Careless and casual on my 2nd shot on the 1st and a 'lucy locket'...

Pause and hit 'head restart' button.

OK to 8th though game feeling a bit too close to the edge for comfort. Then wham - 2nd shot on 8th rockets knee-high right towards my mates who just at last moment jumped out of the way. Way too close for comfort. Shaken by this the 9th was a 'mare. Another of 'them' on the 10th - but got away with it and so again pressed the 'head reset' button and rest of round went fine. But it's gruesome that when I am too casual 'they' are there just waiting...

Maybe it's just a mental thing.
How about confronting them head on, call them shanks and 'own' the problem ........... show them who's boss?

P.S. Easy for me to say as I've never suffered.

Going well until the turn then threw in a 10, actually only allowed to put 9 !!!!! What could go wrong did. Horrible hole. Wife was going amazingly well. 5 under gross for 7 holes then.....poof 8 and 10 appeared. We both got back on course after that but the damage was done.

me net 74
wife net 72

Did a new putting thing after watching something on TV. A Nick Faldo painting thing. Worked VERY WELL ! Will give this a go again.

Fish

Major Champion
Seniors Open yesterday in very wet conditions with the rain not taking a breather from start to finish.

Playing well and on the 11th fairway the klaxon went and play was suspended.

After 45 minutes we were back out, but it was difficult to get going again, hence a didn’t score on 14, even after a decent drive.

Finished with 36 points though, so got to look at the positives.

It was difficult to putt consistently due to the constant rain, but I’ll take that score, especially off the yellows which is more difficult with the 1st & 10th becoming par 4’s.