I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Traminator

I played today and....I got wet. Then I got dry. Then I caught a bit of sunburn on me bonce. Then I started to play better, everything started to seem a bit more pleasant, and then.....after last weeks first ever par. I managed my first ever birdie! Bosh! 160 yard 4h, 80 yard 52, then 8i bump and run and holed out.

Then the rest was just a bit of a haze as I wofted around extremely please with myself.
Nice one 👍.

That's one of the great things about golf, it doesn't matter if you've been playing 30 years and your target is 5 birdies per round, or you're relatively new and you're aiming for your first ever birdie 🐦. If we achieve a goal we still get the same feeling 🙂.

Never lasts though 😅

Lazkir

Head Pro
Hardly ever post in here, but sooo frustrating today.
Played yesterday and chipped and putted like a pro! Driving and irons were decent as well... fun round.

Played today and omg what a freaking disaster! Couldn't drive, couldn't chip, couldn't putt! Came in with 21 points! :mad:

I hate this bloody game!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Out first this morning and round in 2 hours. Was forecast to rain heavily from just after 9am but didn't actually start pouring until 10.30. Bit up and down, some good shots mixed with some not so good - didn't really get into any trouble until the 18th tee where I discovered that I can hook my Taylor Made mini driver, unexpected and not nice.

Was however hitting my irons better than normal by the end of the round - if weather clears up (as it's forecast to do for a bit) I may get dragged out again this evening with the missus after she finishes work.

chrisd

Major Champion
Todays comp was our annual Bogey and I never do well. Strong winds and the occasional shower didnt help and I'm hoping that i managed at least to buffer. I'm .1 from going to 14 and have a 4bbb semi final next week, and, although I'd get an extra shot, i dont want it to be thought that i deliberately fouled up to achieve it

J55TTC

Head Pro
Driver and irons were great missed 4 of 13 fairways but I don’t think I have ever 3 putted so much in my life. I’d have done better putting with an umbrella - 41 putts was embarrassing! Chipping and pitching was utter tosh as well. If I hadn’t already booked the next 2 rounds with guests I wouldn’t let myself loose again until at least a few hours practice on the putting green. 28 points - POO!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Really windy today and toughened further by squally showers. Pro-shop competition (non-qualifier) and started like a train. Got unlucky on the 8th when the bunker shot hit the flag and consensus was had the flag been in a normal hole it would have dropped. Out in 19 points so really chuffed at how I was controlling my shots. And then it started to fall apart. Carved tee shot on the 13th - no points. Bad tee shot on the next which was downwind - one point. Holed a good putt on the next for a point after another bad drive. Made a great 15 footer for par on the last for par (net birdie) and 35 points but definitely a missed opportunity. Not sure it'll be anywhere in the mix but pleased I am still playing some half decent golf

Saturday - 102 - poor performance in gail force winds and rain.

Sunday - 90! First ever "chip in" off the edge of the green on the 17th Par 5 to save a par! Played just within my buffer as the handicap came through last week - really really happy!

Oh - and I drove the green 260 yard par 4 18th two days in a row! Consistency is coming!

OnTour

Head Pro
In the worst of the weather I'll add so mega happy with a 71=+1 and 41pts Saturday missed a 8 incher 8th hole for a double :-( - came 3rd 0.5 cut so all gravy #5.2

Ready for Robin Hood away day Wednesday first away day singles comp in 2020 #ConfidenceBuilder

Last edited:
Thread starter #5,850

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
The Year of the Fragger looks to be crumbling like the walls of Jericho.....
Another dismantling in, at times, quite fearsome winds...gusting 30+mph....
Not the best of front 9s but making 18 points on the back was quite satisfying in the conditions...
Let's do it all again tomorrow(y):LOL:

davidy233

Tour Rookie
Went out again with the missus last night with no intention of playing full round - ended up playing 11 holes and glad that we did as I drove the green at the par 4 10th - driving a par four, even a very short one and wind assisted, is a very rare occurrence for me - sadly the eagle putt just missed.

larmen

Head Pro
Terrible round today, worst 9 holes since lockdown. All drives went left, straight as an arrow, no hooking, just left. What can that be? I think the club path is out to in because I am standing to close to the ball? Could that be the cause?

Irons were even worse today, only 4 shots did actually fly, one of them a provisional I didn't need at the end. The rest just bobbled down the fairway. Chipping was bad as well. Did OK on the greens.

But I finally got a birdie. I think it is my 1st after lockdown. 109 yard par 3, left myself a 2 foot put. Never been so close for before with a tee shot.

DRW

Tour Rookie
Played 9 holes in the wind, like being out on the links but with trees to hit.:LOL:

Shot 1 over gross, didn't lose a ball, super duper days.

All playing well and won the matchplay 2:1:1.

Paperboy

Tour Rookie
Well yesterday was rubbish. 23 points I think the unmentionables really kicked in on the back 9. I can't seem to bring my range form to the course. Not quite back to the drawing board yet.
Back to the range and a drill I can do at home without clubs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
after not playing this weekend and Fridays terrible game, i wasn't looking forward to playing today, esp as the weather forecast was pretty poor with rain on and off.

got to Nairn, bright sunshine all the way round with a nice westerly, played pretty well and unlike friday didn't lose a ball, 3 birdies, two 2's. 3 bogies rest pars... happy with that

saving_par

Challenge Tour Pro
after not playing this weekend and Fridays terrible game, i wasn't looking forward to playing today, esp as the weather forecast was pretty poor with rain on and off.

got to Nairn, bright sunshine all the way round with a nice westerly, played pretty well and unlike friday didn't lose a ball, 3 birdies, two 2's. 3 bogies rest pars... happy with that
Fair weather golfer, thats the problem...:ROFLMAO:

I will have our swing back now, need it tomorrow and Thursday. Switch of days this week to avoid the 50mph winds forecast on Friday :rolleyes: