I played for the first time today in 50+ days and …...

Wedgey

Club Champion
Bloody hell, 47 points today at Ravensworth and a gross 79 :eek:

Had been working on a swing change in the garden during lockdown and what a difference! Have had issues hitting out the toe but middled a lot more today.

Dunstanburgh tomorrow where i've only broken 90 3 times so fingers crossed. Probably score over 100 :ROFLMAO:
Yep, as I suspected. Played Dunstanburgh today and was brought crashing down to earth with 26 points 😂

Billysboots

Challenge Tour Pro
Very hit and miss for me. Hit some nice shots, striking my irons particularly well, but my short game really reflected the long lay-off. Just nice to be out there, to be honest.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Hi Amanda, as soon as you start to look for something they all disappear!

Found these at last, they are a little pricey but when you actually look at what you're getting they're still an absolute steal.
Full set of irons and three woods, works out a a fiver per club including post.
Condition looks excellent.

These are a fairly forgiving blade with a good sized sole, I've got the men's equivalent, the Silver Crest, and they play very nicely.
Mid seventies in date.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lady-Say...009685?hash=item3fe17d1155:g:6sEAAOSwRfNeI08U

It's very easy to pick up a vintage putter for around £10 including post, some examples:

I'd guess this one is 1930s
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...506524?hash=item48e50d689c:g:DXIAAOSw4XpeuqZP

Classic bullseye style.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...504333?hash=item48e50d600d:g:DMwAAOSw4XpeuqV9

This is a ladies putter (don't know if there's any difference other than maybe shaft length). Again I have the men's version, it has a low profile but a nice weight.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...537909?hash=item2ae8c03875:g:lf4AAOSwPwVecCaw
Thanks - I'll check those out and decide if it's for me :)

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
Eagle the par 5 13th today. Driver, 5w, to about 18 inches.

Sounds impressive, but the drive was a straight block right, and the 5w was fat as. Still, a 3 is a 3.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
11mph forecast but in reality that was more like 25mp+
I've just come in from playing Burgham and it was feisty there in the wind. Any impact at my place is going to be multiplied at Dunstanburgh in terms of impact on play. I'd agree with your 25mph + estimate.

Brilliant when behind, I thought I'd lost my opening tee shot but found it 30yds past where I've ever hit it before 😁. I was grumbling and cursing that a good shot should be penalised as I stomped up the fairway towards the 2nd hole when it suddenly appeared 😳. What is normally a hybrid second shot became a 9 iron. If only that was normal. Into the wind brought me back down to earth pretty quickly though 😥

Still great to be out though.

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
81 with a treble on our 14th. Didn't hole anything of note on the greens but did chip in to save par on the 5th. Course is coming on a treat, but to be honest I can see myself not bothering again until we are back playing properly, if I bother then; absolutely no enthusiasm for it at all. :(

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
37 gross front nine 1 over par.
Never missed a shot, one three putt ,
strange game as couple of days ago I couldn’t get off the tee.
Bit frustrating going home after 9 holes, but it’s all were allowed atm.
Happy now though in the sun lounger with a cold juice.
Summer days.:cool:

murphthemog

Grand Slam Winner
It's funny how I didn't really miss playing at all when I wasn't allowed. I had zero enthusiasm for restarting, esp in 2 balls. However, I have really enjoyed my first 2 rounds back, and am now frustrated by not being able to play more due to booking restrictions.
Really need to get back to 4 balls though.

Odd how I can sit on a packed train to get to a packed office, but can't be outside social distancing with 4 people, 3 of whom have had it. Safest 4 ball available for me to be in.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Golf ball lifters in the holes and a mini rake in my bag, the new normal for golf began. Driving came back pretty quick and putting was as abysmal as when I last played. Course looking pretty good although the rough was brutal.

Ready to go again on Thursday.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
It was not as bad as I thought.

My game seems to lack power at the moment, arms and hips not working together I guess. Maybe 10% down distance wise than usual.

First putts are atrocious, cant get them anywhere near the hole, second putts are not dropping as frequently as a result.

Not a surprise as no warm up, just straight on the tee, at least I hit the first green!

DRW

Tour Rookie
a.jpg

1st tee back above.

Hooray played on the last tee time at 4pm, millionaires golf apart from mum/wife ahead of me/son. Nice to see them all again.

Back aches, feet throbbing, hands throbbing, shoulder aches, knee aches.

Was it great to be out there again and playing, you bet, it was bleeding ace.:LOL:

Crow

Tour Winner
It was not as bad as I thought.

My game seems to lack power at the moment, arms and hips not working together I guess. Maybe 10% down distance wise than usual.

First putts are atrocious, cant get them anywhere near the hole, second putts are not dropping as frequently as a result.

Not a surprise as no warm up, just straight on the tee, at least I hit the first green!
You need a new putter, obviously.

larmen

Head Pro
Just 9 on the academy course today but it went surprisingly well. 4/6 drives went over 180 yard including my 2 longest all time at 187 and 194 yards. Did relatively well on approach but missed greens to the side. Awful on short chipping, well, this is different to the garden after all. Hyprid belongs burned, 2 short, 50 yard average on what was supposed to be a 160ish yard shot in both cases. 1 3 put on teh last hole after a nasty bounce away from teh flag on a 120 yard 8i approach which looked good all the way ;-(

13 over for 9 holes is OK fo me, actually quite good. I think what helped is that the course was packed and I had to take time over every shot instead of rushing it.

MartynB

Assistant Pro
So it was really an 80 with a lucky bounce?

Only joking😀, well done 👍 🙂
Thank you. Already had my golf mates questioning its validity because as the cups are upside down the hole is only an inch or so deep so they say it doesn’t count as a full hole in one as the ball didn‘t drop the required distance!