I like a good western

Lazkir

Head Pro
Here is a curve ball, watched the mandolorian last night.. had a definite hint of a western about it and just set in space .. it’s been good so far
He definitely has a Clint Eastwood vibe about him. :)

Edit: Just a thought, how many of you western fans have read the Louis L'amour books? Absolutely cracking reads and every place described pretty much really exists. One of the few writers that have actually worn the T-shirt!

He definitely has a Clint Eastwood vibe about him. :)

Edit: Just a thought, how many of you western fans have read the Louis L'amour books? Absolutely cracking reads and every place described pretty much really exists. One of the few writers that have actually worn the T-shirt!
I grew up reading his books, and at one point had pretty much all of them. The Sacketts were and always will be my favourites. The Sackett Brand was the first book of his I read in the late 70's, just loved the way they all came running. That was the beginning of a very long love affair with his books. I used to read them all on the train going to and from school. Unfortunately, I had too many to keep, and gave them all away circa 1998.

Back in those days, I also had the full set of the Dollar Westerns, there were 5 stories written on top of the Leone trilogy, by a chap called Brian Fox. Also the sequel to Josey Wales - The Vengeance Trail of Josey Wales. I was also quite fond of Edge, and Adam Steele, two characters created by George G Gillman. Also had most of the J T Edson books about Dusty Fog, The Waco Kid and their compadres.

Edit: there's a lot of "also's" up there, but never mind. I could add The Sacketts to my list of films above, excellent mini series with Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot. They both starred together in The Shadow Riders too, another L'amour novel.

Last edited:
Possibly revealing a bit too much of myself in this thread, but another "western" ommitted from the list so far, and well worth a watch, is Quigley Down Under.

Last edited: