I have now done something twice that I have not done in years

Fish

Major Champion
Exactly 👍, ie the same place as they would if they were going straight to the car.
But if you didn’t have the rule, then lazy inconsiderate selfish members, of which all clubs have many, would walk past the compressors and brushes and bang their shoes in the car park leaving it looking a mess, for who to clean up?

We spend good money on quality compressors and brushes so we expect members & visitors to adhere to our request (signs) as to not change in the car park.

Currently I’m driving to the club/s in my Ecco’s, but I have a foot locker in the changing room with various styles of golf shoes to suit different conditions otherwise.

We also supply polish & dubbin to clean shoes (black & brown) post round.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
So where do people get rid of all the mud when they have to change in the changing rooms?
I've never seen anyone bang the mud off inside... So the shoes are still getting the mud cleaned off somewhere before they're put in the car.
We have an air blowing machine that would normally be functioning but obviously off at the moment. Takes all the mud and grass off in an enclosed space and then brushed by the clubhouse cleaning staff at the start of each working day. I agree with the comments saying it goes back to creating a good first impression for visitors although in this day and age, I think if someone wants to visit a club they won't pay too much attention to the car park. If the club holds a lot of functions like wedding receptions or parties and needs the business then I can see how a good first impression is more important

Orikoru

Tour Winner
At this time of year I'd be wearing my summer shoes (Nike Roshe G) so don't even need to change them, just turn up wearing them.

Traminator

At this time of year I'd be wearing my summer shoes (Nike Roshe G) so don't even need to change them, just turn up wearing them.
That's what I did Saturday, must have looked a bit of a plonker in Sainsburys after golf in my Footjoys 😳

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
That's what I did Saturday, must have looked a bit of a plonker in Sainsburys after golf in my Footjoys 😳
Wore my black dryjoys so they looked a bit like ordinary shoes so had I allowed HID to drag me to a garden centre on the way home, as was her intention, I wouldn't have looked too daft. Got a feeling I may not get away with detours going forward so definitely chucking some shoes in the car to change into. Now we have garden centres, supermarkets and DIY stores open I fear there is bound to be something I need to help carry soon