I bought today.....

Traminator

Morning

I'm in the market for a new rangefinder..the Bushnel V5 shift. It seems to be £359 at most places, but with a 5% discount code at ClicGolf I've got it down to £341.05.

Thought I'd ask if anybody could better the 5% code I found and get it down any more than that??

Thanks is advance!
Completegolfer.co.uk

£323 with code Loyalty10

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Do people, under the current circumstances, expect the same service as normal?

Is that reasonable?

Would think people might realise there are challenges in the supply chain right now and manage expectations accordingly.

Or maybe we all have too much time on our hands and can't understand others might have less?

Complaining publicly is a little uncouth. Unless you have the whole picture, and all of the facts, you are likely slandering a business and impacting potential sales.

Is that morally right?

Granted there are always extremes and, in some cases, people are genuinely let down.

But not to the extent you see the complaints on this forum at the moment.

I've never seen such levels of complaining about service before the C19 shenanigans.

Not aimed at anyone personally, just a general observation about the direction this thread has taken in the last 8 weeks.
Maybe not the same service as normal, but I would at least expect the orders to be correct.
Too many examples, but include:-
1. A pair of shoes arriving with 2 right feet 😳!!
2. A 5 wood received instead of a 3 wood 😧
3. Shirts received wrong sizing and colours 😮

There are many more examples of horrendous stories about Golf Depot. These are not slanderous, they are FACT!

Personally, I have never used Golf Depot and have no plans to based on the terrible experiences reported on here 👎

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
No typo, last week a load of people on twitter were moaning because the latest Fred Perry ad only had black people in it, seemed to trigger a few for some reason.
Ah. Mostly give twitter the swerve nowadays. A platform that's even worse than faceache

Which is some achievement.

Thanks for explaining.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Maybe not the same service as normal, but I would at least expect the orders to be correct.
Too many examples, but include:-
1. A pair of shoes arriving with 2 right feet 😳!!
2. A 5 wood received instead of a 3 wood 😧
3. Shirts received wrong sizing and colours 😮

There are many more examples of horrendous stories about Golf Depot. These are not slanderous, they are FACT!

Personally, I have never used Golf Depot and have no plans to based on the terrible experiences reported on here 👎
There are also examples of people getting great bargains too.

Irrespective of that, I just don't like people taking to public platforms to air a private dispute.

Beezerk's two right shoes is forum gold though 😂🤣😅

Traminator

Irrespective of that, I just don't like people taking to public platforms to air a private dispute.
Ah well, tough luck 😅

As per the previous poster's comments on HotGolf earlier in the thread, plus my other mentions, they are clearly providing a shocking service at the moment.
I'm 13 days after making a simple order from them, instant payment, and still no sign of the goods/correct goods.
The postage service they are using, whatever they say, is NOT the normal Royal Mail 24/48 hour service that other eBay sellers, plus myself, have used with absolutely no delay in the last couple of weeks.
I've now taken the issue up with eBay/PayPal.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
I've now taken the issue up with eBay/PayPal.
A sensible approach.

All I'm saying is, if I buy something from a retailer, and think either the product or the transaction is flawed, I'll take it up with them.

If you get no response, resolve in line with your consumer rights.

People have no way of knowing if an issue is a genuine mistake if they don't resolve with the other party.

Assuming the worst and calling the other party out in public is either naive, immature, lazy, selfish or malicious.

Traminator

Assuming the worst and calling the other party out in public is either naive, immature, lazy, selfish or malicious.
Or it's just following the conversation on a thread that specifically talks about online golf purchases.
If you read what I previously wrote, you'll see that I was giving them plenty of slack. Over ten phone calls from me, none of which were returned despite promises, and a day short of 2 weeks since I paid, I've given them plenty of slack but there just comes a time.
Hopefully you can see from my previous posts that I was happy to give them plenty of leeway.

Crow

Tour Winner
With all this talk of poor communication from retailers I thought I'd give a shout out for Golf Sidekick, the YouTube channel based in Malaysia.

I ordered a pitch mark repair tool from them at the end of March and had two confirmation emails straight away.

Unfortunately with various lockdown issues they've not been able to ship but in the meantime I've had 5 emails from Matt the site host updating me on the current state of play, the last to say that they'd sourced a new shipper and my parcel should be on it's way shortly.

I'm impressed with the very friendly and caring service.

Or it's just following the conversation on a thread that specifically talks about online golf purchases.
If you read what I previously wrote, you'll see that I was giving them plenty of slack. Over ten phone calls from me, none of which were returned despite promises, and a day short of 2 weeks since I paid, I've given them plenty of slack but there just comes a time.
Hopefully you can see from my previous posts that I was happy to give them plenty of leeway.
I'm not calling you out personally old chap

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
I went to see if I could assemble a bag for whilst I was here. They had some mizuno jpx 919 forged in truetemper r300 at £695, which were okay but I decided not to. There was a nice enough Wilson staff putter at £105 .. little bit rich for me so I walked away. I tried the spider from Taylor made and odyssey.. nice but the inserts are too soft, the Scotty Cameron was good with a milled face but seriously too much for something so universal. So no putter purchased.
I did buy a g400 sft regular 10 degree driver, it went with a soft draw (I didn’t know it was an sft ) I was getting 14 degrees of launch and around 2400-2600 spin carry was 230-235 yards and dispersion was 12 yards .. so I parted with my cash. Now I need to get my clubs out here !