How to delete scam txt

Thread starter #1

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
I’ve had 2 WhatsApp txt which has Chinese writing and the word ‘ left’ so went to edit and delete function was greyed out. 😡

Scammers have obviously been able to grey out delete function as when I tried other WhatsApp to delete it worked ok.

Anyone know how I can delete this from my phone?

Traminator

They might have added you to a group and it might be a group chat.

Open the chat, touch the 3 dots in the top right, choose "More" then choose "Exit Group.

You can edit your settings in WhatsApp so that people can't add you to groups without you accepting an invitation.

rulefan

Tour Winner
The various options in the Android version are different in the Microsoft/PC version. They may well be in iPhone and Mac also.
eg I can block on my PC but not on my phone.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Make sure you have set up ‘Two Factor Authentication’ on your WhatsApp as well. My wife had hers hacked and it was a pain to sort out. In the end she had to wait a week and then the account reset so she lost pretty much all her messages etc.

Thread starter #9

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
I didn’t want to open that particular chat so I opened another one and didn’t see any ‘3 bars’. I asked a young lad at club and he told me to swipe from right and put it in archives and delete from there. So that worked