How much is this worth?

Thread starter #1
Last month I was lucky enough to win an online auction run by Billy Foster in aid of the NHS. As the pictures show the prizes were Masters related with the standout being a signed cap by Europeans who had won the Masters in the 80’s and 90’s, including Seve!
The thought of selling these had not crossed my mind but I was contacted recently by someone asking how much I would want. This got me curious about how much it could be worth, a pro I know seems to think a few grand. With us moving next year that may tempt me. What are your thoughts on value? Does anyone on here deal in this type of memorabilia?

Attachments

Thread starter #4
If anyone offers you a few grand then bite their arm off lol
Yeah that’s my thinking too, I have a number in which I would say no, and then I would get it framed and in the study with some other sports memorabilia I have. More than happy to move the bag on though, as the OH keeps reminding me golf takes up a lot of real estate as well as time!

Traminator

Last month I was lucky enough to win an online auction run by Billy Foster in aid of the NHS. As the pictures show the prizes were Masters related with the standout being a signed cap by Europeans who had won the Masters in the 80’s and 90’s, including Seve!
The thought of selling these had not crossed my mind but I was contacted recently by someone asking how much I would want. This got me curious about how much it could be worth, a pro I know seems to think a few grand. With us moving next year that may tempt me. What are your thoughts on value? Does anyone on here deal in this type of memorabilia?
With regards the signed visor, it's all down to how valuable Seve's autograph is now as the others are alive and would have signed loads and loads and loads of stuff.
Look online to get an idea, a quick search throws up this:
https://www.memorabilix.co.uk/golf-16/seve-ballesteros-256/
"Average sale price of Seve's autograph, 40 quid."
It's tempting to look on eBay to get prices but you will often only see what someone is trying to get, not what people are paying.

As with anything like this, price is completely subjective, you might find someone somewhere who would pay loads, or you may not. There are memorabilia guys on the internet, I would suggest googling and contacting them to get some idea if there's any interest out there, obviously they'll be looking to make a nice fat profit but at least their feedback will give you a starting point.