Home Multi-Gym

Thread starter #1

Mudball

Assistant Pro
With no prospects of doing anything physical over the winter and possibly spring, thinking of putting a multi-gym in the garage. Decided not to go down the Peleton route (way too expensive). Have also signed up for a bit of circuit training on Sat morning while i wait for nipper to finish footy.
So looking at options. Budget 500 quid +/- 200 (can stretch a bit if i can do finance). Hopefully son will use it when he gets into his teens in a few years.. Any recommendations.

BTW, i did notice that most websites are out of stock with multi-gym.

Some i came across

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7609600
https://www.sweatband.com/york-perform-multi-gym.html
https://www.exercise.co.uk/marcy-eclipse-hg7000-home-gym-with-integrated-leg-press

Rooter

Money List Winner
What is it you actually want to do??

Get fit? lose weight? gain muscle? all 3? more?

All of which can be done for free with bodyweight exercises and some cardio (And a healthy eating regime).

OK you could throw in a kettlebell maybe some dumb bells, even a barbell for some squats or deadlifts, but you don't need to go and spunk 800quid on stuff that you can get the same effect for free. Skipping rope is also a good one, a boxers one, not a my little pony one!

My advice? Pay a personal trainer to help you or sign up to an online programme such as Insanity, joe wicks, Les Mills, etc. A friend has just done the 'six pack revolution' with some amazing results, 140 quid for a 75 day programme of home fitness and healthy eating.

Or you could buy an 800 garage ornament that will have a tent hanging off it in 3 months and covered in dust...

A cross trainer and boxing slam man + gloves would be my gym. All you need for a good workout.

Thread starter #5

Mudball

Assistant Pro
A cross trainer and boxing slam man + gloves would be my gym. All you need for a good workout.
dont want to train the Mrs on it

What is it you actually want to do??

Get fit? lose weight? gain muscle? all 3? more?

All of which can be done for free with bodyweight exercises and some cardio (And a healthy eating regime).
OK you could throw in a kettlebell maybe some dumb bells, even a barbell for some squats or deadlifts, but you don't need to go and spunk 800quid on stuff that you can get the same effect for free. Skipping rope is also a good one, a boxers one, not a my little pony one!
My advice? Pay a personal trainer to help you or sign up to an online programme such as Insanity, joe wicks, Les Mills, etc. A friend has just done the 'six pack revolution' with some amazing results, 140 quid for a 75 day programme of home fitness and healthy eating.
Or you could buy an 800 garage ornament that will have a tent hanging off it in 3 months and covered in dust...
All fair point... i did have a PT back in the office. he got me onto weights... was starting to love it.. then the pesky thing got in the way... will look up 6 pack revloution... assume somthing to do with beer....