Golf Random Irritations

People that still think five minutes is permissable to look for a ball, worse so when it its the captain's group. Got to the 10th today and they were looking for a ball down the left and were already searching. We waited at least five minutes before they sauntered back to their own balls. Perhaps it was simply the fact I was going well and on a good rhythm and it was so hot and muggy

Having to decide whether to use my 'corrected' grip in the comp today having not had any practice with it whatsoever. On balance I might as well start somewhere. I don't expect to win the comp - and if I am outside buffer - so what...but let's see how it feels in the swing and if it changes anything much.
Oooh - on Saturday with my 'new' grip I turned into one great mahoosive hooker. I stuck with it all the way round but at the end of it having posted a horror score (no big deal +0.1) one of my playing companions mentioned how very strong my grip was.

And so out on Sunday in a Texas Scramble I weakened it a little - and managed to eliminate the uncontrollable hook - it still felt a bit weird - and I still didn't score very well. I had mentioned my grip and hook problems to my 'team' on the 1st. On the 4th a low-SF team member told me that my grip looked just fine...and that was actually a great help confidence wise. So I shall persevere - especially as a lucy locket felt a long way away...

Week of the Club Champs thought I'd go and get a bit of practice in after work and literally shanked 90% of the balls I hit. Real confidence booster. Not hit a shank on the golf course for months so where they've come from I have no idea, but nice fun idea to get into my head before 36 holes on Saturday. Have to go again tomorrow and try and rebuild now. Brilliant.