Golf Random Irritations

Kaz

Technically we're allowed to play golf but the course hasn't been open this year yet. Forecast was for milder temperatures this week and the snow/ice has been receding so I had high hopes for Saturday.

Currently sleet falling, probably going to turn to snow overnight. Bummer.

Imurg

Grand Slam Winner
Technically we're allowed to play golf but the course hasn't been open this year yet. Forecast was for milder temperatures this week and the snow/ice has been receding so I had high hopes for Saturday.

That's why Nicola kept them open...she watched the weather forecast......not her fault you can't play.
Smart move;)

Hope you get out at some point! Are ranges still open?

We were open yesterday and today and it was dry (yesterday was lovely) - I went for a walk on the course yesterday afternoon and it was in decent condition, few bits of ice still around and on temp greens (some of the main greens had a fair bit of ice) but weather forecast for next 36 hours is constant rain so it will be a few days before I get my first round of the year - it'll be here soon enough though.

Kaz

Yip a fresh covering of snow this morning :cry:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yip a fresh covering of snow this morning :cry:
Nairn is open though on winter greens, we had a fair bit of snow in Inverness on Monday/Tues, its Rained all night here and was expecting the snow to have gone, but still in my Garden and on the road.

Got an Email from the Kings yesterday reminding members the course is closed for Safety reasons, and could members stay off, anyone caught playing will face sanctions... no idea how anyone has played on there, walked over it with the dog yesterday and it was still covered in snow and ice.. the mind boggles

That's why Nicola kept them open...she watched the weather forecast......not her fault you can't play.
Smart move;)
Our course has only been closed for one day recently, trying to think back, I've been a member for 39 years and I don't think it's been closed for any more than about 6 or 7 days in total over this period, we are very lucky !

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Needing to pay a cheque in so walked to the bank (about a mile away).
The machine read the cheque but wouldn’t accept it for some reason so I’ll need to go to another branch tomorrow