Footjoy golf shoe failure!

Thread starter #1

delc

Blackballed
There was a time when you could get at least a couple of years use from Footjoy golf shoes, but one of the leather uppers on my one year old Contour spikeless shoes has just split and pulled away from the sole. Just out of guarantee unfortunately! :(

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Unfortunately these things can happen with anything. You will get the anti Footjoy forumites who will agree with you that the quality has gone down hill but counteracting this myself Hawkeye and Homer will say they have never had a problem with them. I would still take them back and complain because no shoe should only last just over a year. Not fit for purpose. Isn't it only the waterproofing that has a years warranty

Canmore

Assistant Pro
Footjoys should last much longer - I have a pair of Dryjoys that I'm still wearing 6 years on!

Ive bought new golf shoes (Adidas, Nike) in between and they have all come and gone - but I still wear my Dryjoys in the Winter months!

I wore them today with new spikes and the are just as comfortable as day 1!

I suggest contacting Footjoy as they are built to last more than 1 year

Thread starter #4

delc

Blackballed
Unfortunately these things can happen with anything. You will get the anti Footjoy forumites who will agree with you that the quality has gone down hill but counteracting this myself Hawkeye and Homer will say they have never had a problem with them. I would still take them back and complain because no shoe should only last just over a year. Not fit for purpose. Isn't it only the waterproofing that has a years warranty
Two or three years ago I had 3 pairs of Footjoy Contour spiked golf shoes starting to leak in water within the guarantee period in a row, so this is not an isolated case. I know of other golfers who have also had problems with leaking Footjoy shoes. However in each case they were replaced without a quibble, so at least 5 out of 10 for Footjoy. :)

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Must admit after a bad experience with Footjoy, be it 6 years ago, I now stick to adidas and Ecco.
I would love to be able to get some ECCO as my ordinary shoes are ECCO and superbly comfortable. Unfortunately, they don't make size 50 in golf shoes. My Footjoy always last 2 years before changing but have to get Myjoys to get the size.

Canmore

Assistant Pro
My Hydrolites split after 13 months and i got given the brick wall response by both the seller and Footjoy. I won't entertain them again.
Thats awful customer service - to be honest both pairs of fjs i have had have been great so had no need to contact them

I bought a pair of Nikes (an old model on discount) in the US and the leather deteriorated after 8months - Nike Customer Service in the U.K. Sent me a replacement with limited fuss.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Thats awful customer service - to be honest both pairs of fjs i have had have been great so had no need to contact them

I bought a pair of Nikes (an old model on discount) in the US and the leather deteriorated after 8months - Nike Customer Service in the U.K. Sent me a replacement with limited fuss.
Why is it awful? They are out of warranty, that's the bottom line

Canmore

Assistant Pro
Why is it awful? They are out of warranty, that's the bottom line
If it was a manufacturing fault / flaw, you would expect them to replace as a gesture of goodwill, given it is just outside the warranty period

But for them to ignore and seemingly not examine the shoes appears poor

Blue in Munich

Money List Winner
Two or three years ago I had 3 pairs of Footjoy Contour spiked golf shoes starting to leak in water within the guarantee period in a row, so this is not an isolated case. I know of other golfers who have also had problems with leaking Footjoy shoes. However in each case they were replaced without a quibble, so at least 5 out of 10 for Footjoy. :)
If they are that bad why are you still buying them? :confused: As others have said, I wouldn't have given them the business again.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
I would be a footjoy fan to be fair

I read these threads & often wonder ,

How many times ppl have actually played in the time span given , , once a month ? 6 days a week ? what ?

What weather & what course conditions ?

How did they treat the shoes ?

as a person who has worked with warranties for year there are a lot of mitigating circumstances ..

Ignoring the customer is never a good attitude or approach tho

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
If it was a manufacturing fault / flaw, you would expect them to replace as a gesture of goodwill, given it is just outside the warranty period

But for them to ignore and seemingly not examine the shoes appears poor
A garage wouldnt do a clutch or timing belt out of warranty. Is that bad service too?

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
My Stuburts did exactly the same, 2 weeks out of warranty and the sole of the left shoe came away almost in entirety from the upper all along the inside; luckily we were on the ninth hole when it happened, and my car was parked next to the 10th tee so I could change my shoes for the back nine.

Worn twice a week, but always well looked after, cleaned after every round and polished/dubbin'd and kept in a dry place. While they weren't the most expensive, I thought I'd have got a bit more out of them tbh.

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Had issues (leaking water) with last 2 pairs of dry joy tours. Always the left foot that goes first which was funny. But onto Nike shoes now so far they are ok but time will tell..

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
My two year old footjoys died yesterday. Considering the amount of golf I have played and the miles that I have walked in them I thought I had got good VFM. When you think about it a lot of our time spent on the course in this country is when the ground is wet, this cannot be good for leather in the long-term. Plus, during the swing there is a fair bit of force going through your feet as you twist and turn through your swing.

Simple answer is, if you want them to last forever, don't wear them:D

Beezerk

Money List Winner
plus, during the swing there is a fair bit of force going through your feet as you twist and turn through your swing.
Would you not expect golf shoe manufacturers to take this into account though?
As with a previous poster, mine also failed on the left shoe (I'm a right handed golfer) so there must be a trend there.
Failing that, are we to assume the shoes will only last a reasonable amount of time if you only play once a week in good weather?

patricks148

Ryder Cup Winner
i think there is also some small print in the FJ guarantee about excessive wear. my first FJ leaked after 3 months and were sent back and FJ said they had been worn too much. I had played 3 or 4 times a week in that 3 months.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Would you not expect golf shoe manufacturers to take this into account though?
As with a previous poster, mine also failed on the left shoe (I'm a right handed golfer) so there must be a trend there.
Failing that, are we to assume the shoes will only last a reasonable amount of time if you only play once a week in good weather?
If you believe all the manufacturers blurb then they do. However, a couple of years ago the rage was for soles with virtually no flex to give more power and other such gumph they dream up. Just recently though every manufacturer has jumped onto the spikeless shoe bandwagon. These things have more flex than your average pair of carpet slippers.

What next, flip flops with spikes:)