Fiona Bruce Question Time

Thread starter #1

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
I thought she was excellent.
Controlled the panel and audience well.
Balanced show for a change with the panellists all given equal time to put their points over.
London audience behaving themselves and asking sensible questions.

I hope this sets a marker, more of the same please.

GaryK

Assistant Pro
I must admit that I wasn't sure when Fiona Bruce was announced as the new QT presenter. I had hoped for a more dominant person (Andrew Neil, Paxman, etc).
However, I thought that she did very well last night and is certainly a breath of fresh air after Dimbers.
I just wish that they would stop having comedians, poets and the like on - they rarely bring anything to the table and are often out of the depth.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
For her first show she did fairly well. I think she jumped in too often commenting on what Cleverly was saying rather than letting him say it. 8/10

I didn't mind the fact she tried to jump in with some tougher questions or to clarify the positions of some people.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
I must admit that I wasn't sure when Fiona Bruce was announced as the new QT presenter. I had hoped for a more dominant person (Andrew Neil, Paxman, etc).
However, I thought that she did very well last night and is certainly a breath of fresh air after Dimbers.
I just wish that they would stop having comedians, poets and the like on - they rarely bring anything to the table and are often out of the depth.
I thought Fiona was an inspired choice to be honest. Of late, QT has become solely about who can shout the loudest and spout meaningless soundbite dog whistles.. I suspect that FB has been tasked with taking the show back to being about debate, rather than arguing. Also, I'd rather see anyone but Andrew Neil fronting the show. An arch Brexiteer who snarls his supposed superiority at every possible opportunity. His political and social connections would make it impossible for him to be even slightly independant.

With regards to the "comedians, poets and the like". They are clearly there to present an opposition to the usual Politicians and political commentators. I'd like to see this extended to professionals such as Doctors, Lawyers, Headteachers etc. Let's get the view of the electorate on the panel..

patricks148

Ryder Cup Winner
did ok, will take time to get her feet under the table after having the same guy do it so long.

not as good as her bit from Chicago though;)

PieMan

Tour Winner
She didn't dissappoint! The woman is just incompetent and incoherent - how on earth is she an MP.
Yes - confirming yet again why the current Labour leadership is unelectable.

The best guest was Professor Anand Menon - balanced and measured and putting across good points, especially why 'No deal' cannot come off the table.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Yes - confirming yet again why the current Labour leadership is unelectable.

The best guest was Professor Anand Menon - balanced and measured and putting across good points, especially why 'No deal' cannot come off the table.
Agree he was good.
Could have replaced DA with a parrott, 'Labours 6 tests' Squawk.