Films

Beezerk

Money List Winner
I was driving home from Preston yesterday and I heard Mayo and Kermode for the first time in what must be a couple of months, they were running through a list of films and they mentioned something about a documentary based around Australia beating American Samoa 31-0 in a football game. IIRC Kermode said he thought it was the best sports film he'd seen...so I hunted it down.
It's called Next Goal Wins and I have to confess, it's up there with Unbeatable and Dark Horse as the best sport related film I've seen, maybe even best documentary ever 🤔
Get it watched, you'll be glad you did 👍

I was driving home from Preston yesterday and I heard Mayo and Kermode for the first time in what must be a couple of months, they were running through a list of films and they mentioned something about a documentary based around Australia beating American Samoa 31-0 in a football game. IIRC Kermode said he thought it was the best sports film he'd seen...so I hunted it down.
It's called Next Goal Wins and I have to confess, it's up there with Unbeatable and Dark Horse as the best sport related film I've seen, maybe even best documentary ever 🤔
Get it watched, you'll be glad you did 👍
What's it on Beezerk, sounds good

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
We watched Ocean's Eleven yesterday, daughters request as she has not seen it. I'd forgotten how truly awful Don Cheadle is in that film, the accent 😳😱. With all of those big name actors in it, a big budget, why did no one just stop him and say no?

Kaz

Bit of indulgence yesterday with a marvel mini-marathon.

Watched Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Infinity War and Endgame.

Was touch and go there for a while but the good guys won in the end!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Caught the last hour of a film about Lance Armstrong and the doping last night, was very interesting and well made. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately!

Old Colner

Club Champion
Caught the last hour of a film about Lance Armstrong and the doping last night, was very interesting and well made. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately!
The Program.

i recorded it last night, seem to remember hearing good things about it when it was released.

We watched Ocean's Eleven yesterday, daughters request as she has not seen it. I'd forgotten how truly awful Don Cheadle is in that film, the accent 😳😱. With all of those big name actors in it, a big budget, why did no one just stop him and say no?
Yeah I don't think there's any excuse not to get a proper dialect coach, or just hire an English actor in the first place. In fairness it's so long since I saw that film I have no memory of his accent in it at all.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Yeah I don't think there's any excuse not to get a proper dialect coach, or just hire an English actor in the first place. In fairness it's so long since I saw that film I have no memory of his accent in it at all.
Being 'English' added nothing to the film so why not just him and use his normal voice?

You don't remember that aspect because it has been buried deep in your sub conscious to protect yourself from the true horror of it. Don't go digging, who knows what it could do to you :eek:

Being 'English' added nothing to the film so why not just him and use his normal voice?

You don't remember that aspect because it has been buried deep in your sub conscious to protect yourself from the true horror of it. Don't go digging, who knows what it could do to you :eek:
Too late, I already looked at a YouTube clip of it haha. I guess they wrote it as an English guy before casting. Or they genuinely didn't realise how bad it was. :LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Too late, I already looked at a YouTube clip of it haha. I guess they wrote it as an English guy before casting. Or they genuinely didn't realise how bad it was. :LOL:
If there was not a multi million dollar film at stake I could almost believe he lost a bet with the other cast members and that accent was his forfeit. Clooney and Damon are renowned pranksters but even so, that has to be a step too far. Doesn't it? I can't see how it gets past day 1 of filming.