Films

As a kid I was a huge Leeds utd fan so just had to watch the Dammed United on catch-up last night .
What a mud bath the baseball ground was .I remember watching motd and thinking our village pitch was a golf green compared to it.
Great film and what an actor that man is

Wolf

You probably won’t like Lawrence of Arabia then. Also Ben Hur when you stream it has 10 minutes of music before the film starts. 😂😀
You're right I don't like either of those films they were also a good 20 years old before i was born so by the time introduced to them as a kid I hada preconceived idea they were old & boring, such is youth. .. Probably should revisit them and see if I change my mind,.doubt I will

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood the other night. Saw it in the cinema when it came out, and was very disappointed by it, thought it was really slow and far too long, but have to say I enjoyed it a lot more second time round. Maybe because my expectations were a lot lower this time. It's much more of a laid back comedy than the usual Tarantino action thriller.

Diamond

You're right I don't like either of those films they were also a good 20 years old before i was born so by the time introduced to them as a kid I hada preconceived idea they were old & boring, such is youth. .. Probably should revisit them and see if I change my mind,.doubt I will
Lawrence of Arabia is beautifully shot, Ben Hur a classic.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
having a Japanese fest. Watching fil,s from Takeshi Kitano. I first watched the latest trilogy, featuring him as the same yakuza gangster - The Outrage (2010), Beyond Outrage (2013) and Outrage Coda (2017).

Now on the third of his early trillogy of films - Violent Cop, Boliing Point and Sonatine

What a brilliant actor and director. You never know where the films are going and it is hard to get a lot of the nuances of Japanese gangster culture - and Boiling Point is certainly a bit nuts - but all highly recommended

having a Japanese fest. Watching fil,s from Takeshi Kitano. I first watched the latest trilogy, featuring him as the same yakuza gangster - The Outrage (2010), Beyond Outrage (2013) and Outrage Coda (2017).

Now on the third of his early trillogy of films - Violent Cop, Boliing Point and Sonatine

What a brilliant actor and director. You never know where the films are going and it is hard to get a lot of the nuances of Japanese gangster culture - and Boiling Point is certainly a bit nuts - but all highly recommended
He has always been excellent. Had the second trilogy on VHS back in the early 90's.

Personal favourites from him are is version of Zatoichi, and Kikujiro.