Falling back on left heel

mteam

Assistant Pro
The way I see it is the thrusting of you hips standing up is a compensation for a club that is coming in too steep as you thrust the hips your clubhead drops down behind and the you end up with a club that the path is too in to out and the usually the face is wide open (Usual misses Push Fades/Slices, Straight right, Shanks, hitting behind the ball, Occasional Low lefts)

You get sick of those misses so to compensate for this you throw your hands out even further at the start of the swing so now you're increased the initial problem

Lots of players use the hip thrust as a shallowing move but teach themselves to manipulate the face through impact

this is just my opinion

Sorry op gone off topic a bit

Thread starter #24

Swinglowandslow

OK, keep on standing up. I posted it to help you πŸ™„

Hello SR. You posted it to help meπŸ˜€ For which I am grateful.

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I've got some videos to study.
And as for the question about slicing- why bring occasionally into it😁
Cheers

Thread starter #25

Swinglowandslow

This guy has some very good drills and ideas on the golf swing. From what you say this video should be a help for you.
I've had a look at this video and as a result, I tried his recommendations on th e range.
I had some good hits, in fact. I think it's one of the best things I've been taught about the swing.
Excellent!
Thanks for the head start up SR

Thread starter #27

Swinglowandslow

Further to the above, it is apparent that this is a easy fault for me to stray back into(( going back on left heel and pulling the shot). Even trying the above, I am still struggling from time to time.
A thought has occurred: in the belief that spiked shoes might strain my knees I am using spikeless shoes. If I wore spiked ( not the old metal ones), would they make it easier to stop going back on the heel ( or make no difference).
Worth a try, is it?
Any opinions appreciated.