Dyson V6 Battery

Thread starter #1
The battery on our Dyson vacuum appears to no longer charge, as it constantly gives up after 20 or 30 seconds use straight off the charger. It's not the cheapest replacement, but there are a number of options on ebay. Has anyone bought one of the cheaper offerings from ebay? If so, had any issues?

The battery on our Dyson vacuum appears to no longer charge, as it constantly gives up after 20 or 30 seconds use straight off the charger. It's not the cheapest replacement, but there are a number of options on ebay. Has anyone bought one of the cheaper offerings from ebay? If so, had any issues?
Hmm I've used cheaper batteries for my cordless tools and they've been fine.

Rooter

Money List Winner
known issue when you dont run them flat then recharge, our V8 went dead within 18 months! blagged a free one from Dyson, but have used ebay etc in the past and been fine. Check the review and double check they are specific to what you want!

Does it go completely flat or does it start doing the 'pulsing' thing that seems to indicate going flat?

Ours was doing the latter very quickly after a good long charge - but a good thorough wash of the filter seems to have sorted it.

Thread starter #5
Does it go completely flat or does it start doing the 'pulsing' thing that seems to indicate going flat?

Ours was doing the latter very quickly after a good long charge - but a good thorough wash of the filter seems to have sorted it.
Just goes dead after a few seconds. The filter seems fairly clean, vacuum fails to operate even with the filter out, but I have actually ordered a new filter as well.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
How old is it?

Just goes dead after a few seconds. The filter seems fairly clean, vacuum fails to operate even with the filter out, but I have actually ordered a new filter as well.
OK - we've had loads of problems with our v6 and in truth have been mightily unimpressed by it. A lot of £££ for something that we find of variable quality and reliability.

Thread starter #10
OK - we've had loads of problems with our v6 and in truth have been mightily unimpressed by it. A lot of £££ for something that we find of variable quality and reliability.
To be fair, we haven't had any issues with ours at all until now. Although I am glad we have more wood flooring than carpet, I suspect it may have given up long before now working on carpet.

Old Colner

Club Champion
I replaced our V8 battery just over 12 months ago with a third party one off Amazon, it now need replacing and when I went to order another the price had dropped a tenner to £16.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Contact Dyson the help line, they can be very helpful, they even talked the wife through how to fix a fault on her V6, while I was at the golf :love:

Contact Dyson the help line, they can be very helpful, they even talked the wife through how to fix a fault on her V6, while I was at the golf :love:
To be fair to Dyson - their support has been good - replacing without much question a couple of bits that broke and one that got too easily scratched for our thinking.