DQ or not

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Very good, it would have been helpful if mention could have been made earlier that you have an App that supports both player and marker.......
We use Intelligent Golf, they have only just released their version that supports this. It requires a certain level of software, not everyone has a phone with this, so even if the club provided the App it wouldn‘t work for everyone.

So, if you could just see the wider picture......
Untill 10 min ago I didn’t realise they had fully developed the HDID app. Not sure what the wider picture is as each club committee will decide how they wish to proceed within the guidance.

Traminator

Very good, it would have been helpful if mention could have been made earlier that you have an App that supports both player and marker.......
We use Intelligent Golf, they have only just released their version that supports this. It requires a certain level of software, not everyone has a phone with this, so even if the club provided the App it wouldn‘t work for everyone.

So, if you could just see the wider picture......
For the first couple of comps our instructions were to input our own scores online on IG.
Last weekend on the 1st I noticed that it also gave me the option to input someone else's scores, however as we had no instructions, I didn't do this as I didn't want to cause any confusion.
But if IG has the capability for player and marker to upload their own and each other's scores, that seems ideal, acts as a cross check, and no need for a signed card.

As an aside - it was only relatively recently that I discovered the marker has no responsibility for the players score

If the player says he scored a 5 then that is the score that goes on the card. The marker may query it as I understand it but the responsibility is with the player alone.

Therefore marking ones own scores via an app should not be an issue

Old Skier

Tour Winner
As an aside - it was only relatively recently that I discovered the marker has no responsibility for the players score

If the player says he scored a 5 then that is the score that goes on the card. The marker may query it as I understand it but the responsibility is with the player alone.

True but the committee can decide under present conditions who submits the score.

woofers

Medal Winner

Makes you wonder why we‘ve bothered all these years then, and why they sit down in a hut at Pro events and go through their scores and cards....

woofers

Medal Winner
Well, it looks as though no one can give me an answer to my question backed up by clear references.
Rulefan and Smarmybee have given an acceptable answer but based on an App with facilities that we don’t have.
Traminator, I think, is on board with the issue, but has ‘no idea’ when it comes to making the decision.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Well, it looks as though no one can give me an answer to my question backed up by clear references.
Rulefan and Smarmybee have given an acceptable answer but based on an App with facilities that we don’t have.
Traminator, I think, is on board with the issue, but has ‘no idea’ when it comes to making the decision.
1) Which ISV do you use for your handicapping system?
2) HDID and GolfGenius run on my elderly Android phone.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Makes you wonder why we‘ve bothered all these years then, and why they sit down in a hut at Pro events and go through their scores and cards....
Possibly because they have the staff and money to pay for the hired labour to process cards.